Sign in to follow this  
Ankylosaur

[Rogue] [46-54] The Atlas of the Multiverse - Arc ID: 27055

Posted (edited)

Mender Lazarus knows the entire multiverse has ended before and believes only you can prevent it from happening again. Help him prevent the end of the multiverse! SFMA

---

This was a combo of a few ideas I already had in the back of my head with one someone mentioned around when Homecoming went live. Its a little cheesy but feels good to have done.

As always eagerly open to any and all feedback.  Here's some things on my mind:

1. Tips: I put in tips to help players. Do I have too many tips in there? Are they making the player not think? 
  2. Balance: Worried about the balance of the mobs in mission 4. I did some testing and though you have many AV allies, it was not the breeze I expected.  Are the custom mobs too tough?
  3. Optional Fights: There are LOADS of AVs in here but most are optional fights. Most missions only require a glowie / destructible object but give you an option to fight lots of mobs/AVs if you want to with support. Is there enough challenge to be fun?
  4. Morality: Is Vigilante the right morality setting? Felt like neutral was not right but not sure what is...

I think I squashed the most obvious issues, but if you run into any, please let me know.

Edited by Ankylosaur

Try out my AE Arcs!   Solo friendly, often canon related, & some contest winners

#848 Rularularian - Heroic - 41-54 | #854 The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - Heroic - 46-52 | #855 Save the Diver, Save the World - Vigilante - 25-30 |

|#25869 Condemning Croatoa - Villainous - 25-33 | #25870 Robolution (Red-side) - Villainous - 25-34 #27314 Robolution (Blue-side) - Heroic - 25-34 |

| #26387 The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon - Villainous - 41-54 | #27055 The Atlas of the Multiverse - Rogue - 46-54 |

#28330 Wonderland - Neutral - 25-54 |

Posted (edited)

Dug up the post that got me thinking about this... Mine took a different direction, but the post got me thinking this direction so thanks Marine X!

Edited by Ankylosaur

Try out my AE Arcs!   Solo friendly, often canon related, & some contest winners

#848 Rularularian - Heroic - 41-54 | #854 The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - Heroic - 46-52 | #855 Save the Diver, Save the World - Vigilante - 25-30 |

|#25869 Condemning Croatoa - Villainous - 25-33 | #25870 Robolution (Red-side) - Villainous - 25-34 #27314 Robolution (Blue-side) - Heroic - 25-34 |

| #26387 The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon - Villainous - 41-54 | #27055 The Atlas of the Multiverse - Rogue - 46-54 |

Made some modifications that have made the mission 4 mobs more manageable. I realized I had done something of a bad practice and made many of them all defense (Super Reflexes or Energy Armor) based.

In addition to adding another ally, I also tweaked one of the custom named AVs a bit.

A little worried they are not enough of a challenge now - but think I am closer to getting the balance right.  

This is a fun joke-ish arc, chronicling the shutdown of the original game. The player goes after "Soften Sea", recovering the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom or something. The foes are a custom group with at least a dozen types, all of whom have funny bios. The joke density is high, and all of them hit the mark, making this a must play. The only downside is that people who weren't there for the shutdown won't get it.

Incidentally, does anyone with a long memory recall an AE called "Your final Mission", which was released about a month before Live shutdown? It was designed to provide a way to retire your favorite character or something.