ATs for Specific Occasions

Brayv

While I just found out about this server, I played a ton back in the day and I have already begun the 'fully immersed' phase.  I have my 2 farmers up and running, Rad/Fire and Spines/Fire Brutes, so leveling won't be much issue now.  With that said, my old go-to's were Fire/Rad and Fire/Kin Controllers for just about everything.  I have severe alt-itis for sure, but I really want to pick and choose my choices now until I get a few characters geared out and incarnated.  I have browsed these forums for hours looking for inspiration, but wanted to hear from the community as a whole on what they like doing.  I assume most people use a form of /Fire Brute to do the majority of farming, so I won't ask on that aspect.  But, I am super curious on what people like to do and what ATs they prefer.

Solo content (not farming, just playing and doing missions):

Solo high end (solo task forces, giant monsters, AVs, etc.)

Group (DPS):

Group (support):

Any sort of content I forgot or not aware of that you have a character specialized for:

Just plain ol' fun toon:

Also looking for a couple of suggestions on leveling outside of farms (group runs, police missions, etc.) from 1-50.  Right now I am leveling a Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper, but every suggestion is welcome.

If you want to go HAM, you can just list your favorite combinations of every class.  I'm all in for that option. 

Honestly, I really just like seeing/reading some favorite ATs and what people like to use them for.  There are literally hundreds of characters I 'want' to make, but I need to focus on around 10 (or 15) or so...

As always, thanks in advance!

Soloing most content, I'm quite happy several characters.  Most recently, I've focused on my Plant / Psi Dominator, my Spines / Regen Stalker.  Now, I *did* trick them out quite well with enhancements.  You say you have two farmers up and running so I'm assuming you won't have any issues decking them out. But caveat emptor for the next guy who may read this.  Both also worked quite well for me for Group DPS role. 

For Just Plain Fun and Group DPS,  consider a Anything/Martial Kombat Blaster.   It is VERY blappy, so if you prefer your blasters never get anywhere near melee, it may not do it for you. But I think it makes a great run-and-gun-and-boot-to-the-head set.  I also run Speed of Sound with it, and the super-fast animation teleport in Jaunt every 10 seconds gives me tons of manuverabilty even if Burst of Speed happens to be on cooldown. 

Group support, you can never go wrong with a Defender.  Though lately, I've taken a second and third look at MM's and like what I see, particularly since pets no longer block other players.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:36 PM, Brayv said:

Any toon, just depends which diff settings you pick 

Titan/Bio scrapper, ill/(rad/storm/traps) controller, i read doms (psy/dark? dark/mind?) and sents (rad/fire) as well, but never tried. 

Group (DPS):

Blasters all the way

Group (support):

Fire/ice corruptor, dark/* doms, any debuffers (beam, sonic, rad?)

Just plain ol' fun toon:

dps-minded defender, or my blaster in the glass cannon build

• 3 weeks later
On 5/12/2020 at 2:36 PM, Brayv said:

Group (DPS):

Group (support):

Any sort of content I forgot or not aware of that you have a character specialized for:

Just plain ol' fun toon:

1. Rad/TW Tanker if you want to faceroll anything, and I mean literally anything and do it all with the damage and just be busted through the roof broken. It is a powerhouse combo that can do as much ST DPS as most Brutes/Scrappers/Blasters. However if you want a badger that will just annihilate mobs fast asap and get through everything quickly, Fire/Fire is an amazing soloist at low difficulty that does extremely well in groups.

2. For soloing high-end you can get by with just straight up DPS via envenomed knives temp from P2W and that will inevitably give rise to TW/Bio, Rad/TW Tanker as mentioned, all an edge at this, Illusion/ controllers are also good for this if you're in the "classic" way.

3. Group DPS top-notch is Fire/Kin and Fire/Cold Corruptors, no contest. They will magnify their own high-damage Fire Blasts and the magnify everyone elses, these are powerhouse combinations that decimate things in speed runs.

4. The best "defender" for supporting I've ever found with Nature/Sonic, it is bananas how much +dmg, -res, -regen, resistance buffs, heals, absorbs, it's just godly what it does for teams and iTrials, one of the most fun and effective toons I've ever made. People will very much so notice you.

5. You may want a special Dom for the situations that specifically ask for mez. I've found that Mind/Fire/Soul is the best one overall and does extremely high damage (sometimes out-damages my Blaster) that can definitely provide the mezzing.