Fire Armor / Dual Blades

Ironscarlet

The combo that should never work but works out quite nice.

Just had to post this build for people that want to play dual blade and fire armor together, butt are scared to. With all the bad press the 2 sets individually have in the Tanker community combining them does not look like a good idea. Concept wise on paper it looks bad. 

See the source image

Then you see the 2 fire swords with fire armor and you just want to make it work. So I had to try.

Originally I started a Dual blade stalker, I have played stalkers before but I was I could  not believe the amount of dps dual blade was pulling off because I never really factor in animation times in a lot of previous concepts. Why The Dual blade/EA stalker was super strong and I am still going to keep it and work it more for pure dps. Many times I was left scrapper locked finishing mobs while team is wiped on the ground not my cup of team since I like to run teams and try to make things run smoothly. So I wanted to try my old concept but was was discouraged FA/DB.  With the grasp on Dual blade and previous experience with Fire. Concept wise was  semi fast farmer that could do normal content. Not the toughest but a lot of damage.

To get the highest recharge I could achieve and concept wise was fun.  Sweeping strike and blinding feint back to back repeating that was the original concept. For Tanker Sweeping strike is hands down the best cone, 1.2 sec animation time allows you to usually get in 2 attacks for what  takes a normal attack animation. On top of that it's one of the highest damage per application cone in game.  In playing it did not work out that way I wanted. Recharge was just not good enough. So I had to fit a 3rd attack into the rotation. Gloom became the filler with a build up proc again 1s animation so in 3.2 sec I can get of Gloom----blinding feint----Sweeping striker repeat, throwing burn when needed. Blinding feint after 2nd strike  gets 60% damage boost without proc and with 29% from sets  the build is at 89% before proc. With Build up proc in Blinding feint and gloom I am getting 89% damage boost to 194%.  Proc is 80% damage boost .  In theory the damage should go up to 240% global but highest I have seen it is 194% global damage boost.

Maybe someone could answer this question.

Are Gaussian's and Decimation build up proc on the same timer?

The build supports a 3.2 sec rotation with multiple build ups and Burn. Lets not forget the 2 big fire swords

When it comes to survivability Fire Armor is not really know for being great but because I can loose all the fluff from dual blade powers. I can factor in some active survivability in unrelenting, unleash and not waste slotting on survivability but on damage and recharge.  Since the build is focused on recharge I can get them up 1/2 the time. Not perfect but it works and if you feel you need more you can grab def melee hybrid to rotate the 2 unleash then melee hybrid. Also as a double safety net  you got burnout for  another unrelenting and unleash. 1k 10 sec Healing Flames just amazing heal and with quick animation attacks your never stuck to grab the heal. Cap res to everything when tanker proc 2x  except psi.

Now that we got to the psi hole let talk weaknesses of the build. Psi res is not cap like all others and with def only soft cap 1/2 the time you will have to work with your heals. If played smart should not be much of a problem. Also  Fire tanks and brutes in normal content sometimes feel they are two slow on set up in fast group with set up burn or when not main tank in grouping mobs its no sweat with this build because even though Burn is a lot of damage your 3.2 sec rotation does a lot twho and is mobile. 

In all I am not saying this is the Best combo. But want to give the player that wanted concept wise to run around with 2 big fire swords and fire armor not to get discouraged from the negativity of dual blades which is really just more of a leaning curve not to rely on combos and rely on animation time and rotations. If I learn anymore trick with he build I will pass it on.  Fire Armor / Dual blade works and is quiet enjoyable to play.

If anyone wonders why Tank over brute for this combo. The larger cone is really needed for sweeping strike to become your main attack but making arguably one of the best melee attacks in game better and then making that your focus is why Tank is the only way to go.  Combo plays like a brute, Lives like a Tank.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Secondary Power Set: Dual Blades
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blazing Aura -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), Obl-%Dam(3), Obl-Dmg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(25)
Level 2: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-Heal(11), DctWnd-Rchg(15), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 6: Temperature Protection -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9)
Level 8: Consume -- Erd-%Dam(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(46), Obl-Dmg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 10: Provoke -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 12: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15)
Level 14: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 16: Intimidate -- GlmoftheA-Dam%(A)
Level 18: Burn -- Obl-%Dam(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(19), Erd-%Dam(34), Obl-Dmg(34), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(37), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 20: Blinding Feint -- Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), GldStr-%Dam(27)
Level 22: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 26: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Unleash Potential -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-Def(29), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(40)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Sweeping Strike -- Arm-Dam%(A), Obl-%Dam(36), Erd-%Dam(36), Arm-Dmg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(37)
Level 38: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Dcm-Build%(45)
Level 41: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ksm-ToHit+(43)
Level 44: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 47: Unrelenting -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(48), DctWnd-Heal(48), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(48), DctWnd-Rchg(50)
Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by Ironscarlet

2 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

When it comes to survivability Fire Armor is not really know for being great ...

Uh..WAT?
Most Resist-based armor sets, if you chase max Resists and give them a small slathering of sacrificial Defense (something to absorb Defense Debuffs) are SUPER BEEFY.

The general result of being Defense Debuffed into negative numbers is to laugh and beat someone to death with you face...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!