Natural blapper concept character

TheOtherTed

So I've made and remade a natural blapper character repeatedly, and I'm having issues deciding on the "blapping" part.  The concept is a superspy who was detained in the Zig "off the record," sort of like Sean Connery's character in "The Rock" (although for a few years, not decades).  The character is all about style and finesse, and maybe more than a little showmanship.  So far, I'm considering:

/Energy Blaster (fun, but the animations are a little less "gun kata" and a little more "Hulk SMASH" than I'd like)

/Martial Combat Blaster (current front runner, but was hoping to save MT for an Archery concept)

/Ninja Training Blaster (I like the utility tricks, but the sword, the actual thing I'd blap with... not so much)

/Devices Blaster (would dip heavily into the Fighting pool, which I've never really done anything with before)

/Traps Corruptor (see above)

/??? Sentinel (see above again.  Also, I haven't played a sentinel I actually like yet)

Keep in mind I'm one of those weirdos who isn't too concerned about optimality - I'm not looking for "the perfect" dual pistol blapping build.  I'd like to get some feedback, though, about the playstyle or "feel" of the above powersets from folks who have some experience with them.  Or, if there's an archetype or set that might be fun to at least try out as a blapper, that'd be cool as well.

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

/Martial Combat Blaster (current front runner, but was hoping to save MT for an Archery concept)

Dual Pistols/Martial is what you're looking for.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

14 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

So I've made and remade a natural blapper character repeatedly, and I'm having issues deciding on the "blapping" part.  The concept is a superspy who was detained in the Zig "off the record," sort of like Sean Connery's character in "The Rock" (although for a few years, not decades).  The character is all about style and finesse, and maybe more than a little showmanship.  So far, I'm considering:

/Energy Blaster (fun, but the animations are a little less "gun kata" and a little more "Hulk SMASH" than I'd like)

/Ninja Training Blaster (I like the utility tricks, but the sword, the actual thing I'd blap with... not so much)

/Devices Blaster (would dip heavily into the Fighting pool, which I've never really done anything with before)

/Traps Corruptor (see above)

/??? Sentinel (see above again.  Also, I haven't played a sentinel I actually like yet)

Keep in mind I'm one of those weirdos who isn't too concerned about optimality - I'm not looking for "the perfect" dual pistol blapping build.  I'd like to get some feedback, though, about the playstyle or "feel" of the above powersets from folks who have some experience with them.  Or, if there's an archetype or set that might be fun to at least try out as a blapper, that'd be cool as well.

Blaster - Beam Rifle - Ninja Training.mxd  Blaster - Dual Pistols - Devices.mxd

Edited by JJDrakken