P2W Vendor Account Wide

This really is just a minor QoL change for me, but it’s something I’ve wanted to mention.

If it’s possible, I’d like for some of the P2W Vendor purchases to be made available as an account wide option. Things such as which origin power, which staff, prestige sprints, and even the Enhancements. Really, just the currently free options. I can understand having the option cost Influence as a money sink when activated or adjusted, but could still allow individual changes on a per character basis to remain free as it currently is.

This is really a personal desire for myself and those who suffer (enjoy?) altitis.

Except if you decide to get Blackwand and that is account bound and then take an origin which has a bonus with Nemesis staff there is no way to change that. All purchases per toon are permanent and cannot be changed. So if you choose ninja run - you can't just switch that to beast run for an animal themed character you create for example. I think it would be way more of a headache coding wise to implement this than the 2 minutes it takes to simply visit the p2w vendor and make your selections.

This really is just a minor QoL change for me, but it’s something I’ve wanted to mention.

If it’s possible, I’d like for some of the P2W Vendor purchases to be made available as an account wide option. Things such as which origin power, which staff, prestige sprints, and even the Enhancements. Really, just the currently free options. I can understand having the option cost Influence as a money sink when activated or adjusted, but could still allow individual changes on a per character basis to remain free as it currently is.

This is really a personal desire for myself and those who suffer (enjoy?) altitis.

I mean, other then the option already on the P2W Vendor that can remove those and allow you pick the other one, you’re absolutely right. Perhaps I didn’t explain it completely, but I don’t see why it has to be locked once picked. I didn’t explain it as being locked, and even mentioned keeping the current options of allowing free alterations on a per character basis as currently exists. 

Edit: I just feel that a slightly more streamlined feature of many of these power ups could be done. Though it will admit that I personally am grateful I don’t have to have all the prestige sprints on each character any more. And if maintaining the status quo is the price to not have those automatically loaded on every character, I’ll take it.

I think the concern here is about the tradeoffs of making this character-based vs account-based.

I know you didn't describe this as a "locked" choice, but if it's a per-account variable instead of a per-character variable then revoking Beast Run, for example, in order to pick up Ninja Run on your ninja toon would also change all of the prior beasty characters. 

Personally, even though it adds 2-3 minutes to the start of a new alt, I'd prefer the current approach where I can make different choices on every character since it's a per-character variable.  But that's a tradeoff, and I understand how other people may have different preferences.

It seems like a good idea and option. I'd hate to be the one doing the coding, but I can see adding an "Account Powers" option where you can choose from a list of powers that are bound to the account, that can sit alongside the "Character Powers" that are bound to the character. Sounds like fun, +1 here, because it's fun to daydream, and it is of course possible, but I think it'd be a hell of a lot of work!

UqE1SsX.jpg

I'm out.

I know you didn't describe this as a "locked" choice, but if it's a per-account variable instead of a per-character variable then revoking Beast Run, for example, in order to pick up Ninja Run on your ninja toon would also change all of the prior beasty characters. 

Not nessecarily. If we look at the Origin powers each player gets at creation, I envision this idea being like that. You still get it automatically, but if you don’t like it, then on a per character basis you can change it. Now it’s not a perfect comparison, but shows that it’s possible to have an option that’s automatic, but still be altered.

What I want is just the option of saying, ‘for each new character, give them x, y, and c, but not z or a’. That way, for the majority of the time, I have a general set up. And of course should I make a character where ‘a’ is more in line, a quick run at the start can make the alteration for me, taking generally less time overall.

I would like to reiterate that the idea isn’t to force this account wide selection in every player. Simply have it an option for those who find they pick the same handful of things on each alt. And being both optional and not the default setting, this allows players who want to customize each character every time they make one the ability to continue to do so.

I just don't see the need for this at all - even as a "quality of life" improvement. What we have is actually WAY better than what was on live where you had to choose each and every veteran item - lemme tell you when you got up to 5-6 years worth of rewards THAT was a pain LOL. The P2W vendor is literally a few yards away from where you spawn and doesn't take but 2 minutes to select everything - especially once you have done it 5-10 times.

I just don't see the need for this at all - even as a "quality of life" improvement. What we have is actually WAY better than what was on live where you had to choose each and every veteran item - lemme tell you when you got up to 5-6 years worth of rewards THAT was a pain LOL. The P2W vendor is literally a few yards away from where you spawn and doesn't take but 2 minutes to select everything - especially once you have done it 5-10 times.

This. I find this suggestion really silly and actually cumbersome. You literally walk up to this dispenser and select which items from the free selections you want - if you want ANY. What I think is maybe the real intention here is "pay 1 mil and claim the base teleport power on all my characters and be done with it." I can see the convenience of that but I don't agree it's something that needs to be done. A few influence sinks like this actually ARE good for the game. Things like buying the base porter and additional buff and prestige powers beyond the free selection (which is generous and balanced imho) actually do represent some extra power for the character. I think putting a modest charge for them is a good way to have people be thoughtful about how they want to spend their energies and their inf.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!