Arctic Air

ILIWAPCT

Imagine my surprise when I started slotting Mid's and noticed that although Arctic Air takes Confuse/Fear IO's the only aspect you can adjust is End/Recharge. Instead of being a 6 slot power, now I'm thinking either 1 or 2 End IO's.  

Still worth the 6 slot because of the 5% ranged defense and 10% recharge in the purple confuse set. It doesn't really need the confuse/fear adjusted because it's an aura. Those IOs only adjust for duration, not magnitude.

25 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Still worth the 6 slot because of the 5% ranged defense and 10% recharge in the purple confuse set. It doesn't really need the confuse/fear adjusted because it's an aura. Those IOs only adjust for duration, not magnitude.

Slotting a Confuse IO has no effect on Arctic Air, Duration and Magnitude stay the same. I started off installing a Confuse Set Malaise Illusion (Accuracy/Recharge) then noticed no change in Midi's. 

Yes you still get (set bonuses), but I think that's a waste when you're not modifying the base power. 

I'm disappointed that you can slot Confuse/Fear/Slow IO's and have no result on the base power. At least with Confuse/Fear/Slow Set's you can still get the (set bonus). 

In the end, this is going to completely change my build. I started to think Malaise's Illusion (Change Psi damage), Glimpse of Abyss (Change Psi damage) could save it. But will probably just single slot a (End IO) and call it a day.  

My Mids shows a change in duration

UNSLOTTED:

image.png.1db3d2bc2efdd1a56fba6b3c06a1d536.png

6x CONCUSSIVE PERSUASION

image.png.737242206cad51cec1bf1849d72a7f34.png

The Confuse duration goes from 3.7 to 7.7 seconds. Also, you DO want to enhance it, because it only has a 30% chance to confuse on each 2-second tick, so you want to push the duration to where even after level adjustment it lasts for 6+ seconds. The reason is that you want a mob to be confused through 3 ticks so that you have about a 2/3 chance that they've been confused by one of the last 3 ticks. With only 2 ticks, the chance drops to 49%, and of course it's only 30% if it only lasts through one tick.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

My Mids shows a change in duration

UNSLOTTED:

image.png.1db3d2bc2efdd1a56fba6b3c06a1d536.png

6x CONCUSSIVE PERSUASION

image.png.737242206cad51cec1bf1849d72a7f34.png

The Confuse duration goes from 3.7 to 7.7 seconds. Also, you DO want to enhance it, because it only has a 30% chance to confuse on each 2-second tick, so you want to push the duration to where even after level adjustment it lasts for 6+ seconds. The reason is that you want a mob to be confused through 3 ticks so that you have about a 2/3 chance that they've been confused by one of the last 3 ticks. With only 2 ticks, the chance drops to 49%, and of course it's only 30% if it only lasts through one tick.

You're right. A (3-slot) Frankenslot of (Endurance/Confused) composed of Malaise, Perplex and Cacophany gets you close without wasting a slot. 

Sadly (Confuse/Range) doesn't increase the radius. And you can't increase the fear with fear IO's or fear set's.

Yes, but it's 3 slots plus one for Coercive Persuasion's proc which is great. So it's a question of whether wasting the last two slots is worth the set bonuses (and, unfortunately, lowering the Endurance Reduction). I'm planning on it, for my Ice/Dark, because Dark has good End Recovery management. With some other secondaries, I might not. But getting the set bonuses for Coercive on a character who has a great +Recovery power was worth the last 2 slots. For some other characters, it may not be worth it.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Yes, but it's 3 slots plus one for Coercive Persuasion's proc which is great. So it's a question of whether wasting the last two slots is worth the set bonuses (and, unfortunately, lowering the Endurance Reduction). I'm planning on it, for my Ice/Dark, because Dark has good End Recovery management. With some other secondaries, I might not. But getting the set bonuses for Coercive on a character who has a great +Recovery power was worth the last 2 slots. For some other characters, it may not be worth it.

You're correct. Toss in Malaise's (Chance Psi), Cacophany (Chance Energy) and then you got 2 Set Bonuses to boot. For the 6th slot maybe (Chance Fiery Orb).

Target Level 24/28 build. 

5 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

It doesn't fire off as much as you think in AA. I put it in my aoe immob and can stack orbs about two or three times.

Every time I start to get a glimmer of hope, reality come crashing. 

Previously I wasn't impressed by (Fiery Orb) especially since its an expensive Arch-type Enhancement.  It's been sitting in my SG bin waiting to be converted to another Arch-type Enhancement.

Leveling Arctic Air has been lots of fun and I couldn't''t wait to slot in some uber IO's then bam, despite the IO's it accepts you can't modify the base power.

Just when I thought a Plan B combining Arctic  Air and (Fiery Orb) might result in a good back-up 😞

1 hour ago, ILIWAPCT said:

Every time I start to get a glimmer of hope, reality come crashing. 

Previously I wasn't impressed by (Fiery Orb) especially since its an expensive Arch-type Enhancement.  It's been sitting in my SG bin waiting to be converted to another Arch-type Enhancement.

Leveling Arctic Air has been lots of fun and I couldn't''t wait to slot in some uber IO's then bam, despite the IO's it accepts you can't modify the base power.

Just when I thought a Plan B combining Arctic  Air and (Fiery Orb) might result in a good back-up 😞

I'm sorry. My main is an Ice/Ice/Ice dom and I have a lot of playing time with her. Again it fires like crazy with the aoe immob.