Best way to put people on chairs or items on tables??

IronJuke

When I did my base they snapped right in place. Maybe save, log off and restart?

[image removed]

[image removed]

I think it's crtl or shft that enables vertical placement. Someone will be along to confirm.

Edited by Troo
file sizes
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Yup, Troo is right. After you place an object, you can then select it then hold Shift and drag to move it up and down. (Note, NPCs are particularly finicky.)

Another way to get objects onto another is to go into "Surface" mode. When you select the item to drop in the base, you can press the F5 key (or there is an option in the little base menu) and cycle until the screen flashes SURFACE. Then, the object you are moving around will stick to whatever object your mouse is over. Useful for placing on tables, walls, ceilings, or even diagonally on a boulder!

• Like 1

For placing objects on tables, yes the "surface" placement.  I do find that if you set the grid to 1/4 it sometimes places the object inside the table, so you have to raise it up a notch, and then it'll sit on the table.  (I try to avoid turning the grid off because of base shift).

For NPCs on chairs, what I did was:  put down a glass plate, then rotated it to the angle I wanted the NPC to sit at.  This saves from having to try to select the NPC to rotate them.  Selected the sitting NPC, set them to surface, placed them.  Then placed the chair under them.  Anything to avoid having to move an NPC.