Rebuild / Replace Sound system in game engine

Zep

COH does not play well with others in Win 10, it didnt in earlier versions of Windows either.

If one is only playing sound from COH it works ok, however, when you want to watch a movie on the second monitor, play Pandora (or whatever), -or- use Discord or some other 'Coms' the sound system rises up much like a cobra spreading it's hood and begins spiting poison everywhere.

Specifically getting the volume correct in COH to be able to hear Discord (or whatever) involves trying to set sound volumes in game to  about 1-3% (and never seemingly the same percent day to day) - while at those percent not all sounds quite the same leaving me having to adjust back and forth depending if I am solo or grouped with friends, watching TV etc.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Yeah, I noticed this problem too.  I've run my in-game volume anywhere from 15%-50% and I have a hard time hearing Discord during big fights.  It almost seems like the volume sliders for combat sound does not actually do anything.

What this team needs is more Defenders