Server questions

Rinwen

Hail and well met, all,

A couple server questions if you don't mind.

1) I don't suppose there's a lower pop server?  Starting out there are practically ZERO spawns to fight around Atlas Park during prime time US Eastern time.  I like to think they're so scared of me that they've decided to walk the straight and narrow, lol.

2) I mistakenly, (maybe), rolled on Indomitable since all servers showed Heavy Load and it was at the top of the list.  I see here that it's the unofficial PvP server... I completely and utterly detest PvP... but what makes this a PvP server?  I prefer a bit of RP so will likely transfer to Everlasting... but I did want to know what makes Indomitable a PvP server, albeit unofficial.

Thanks folks.

Hail and well met, all,

A couple server questions if you don't mind.

1) I don't suppose there's a lower pop server?  Starting out there are practically ZERO spawns to fight around Atlas Park during prime time US Eastern time.  I like to think they're so scared of me that they've decided to walk the straight and narrow, lol.

2) I mistakenly, (maybe), rolled on Indomitable since all servers showed Heavy Load and it was at the top of the list.  I see here that it's the unofficial PvP server... I completely and utterly detest PvP... but what makes this a PvP server?  I prefer a bit of RP so will likely transfer to Everlasting... but I did want to know what makes Indomitable a PvP server, albeit unofficial.

Thanks folks.

Is Everlasting the RP server? I'm not a PvP person either.

I don't know how familiar you are with the game but PvP takes place in specific areas. All servers have those but they're easy to avoid if you're not interested in them. Conversely, if you're interested in PvP but play on other servers you can pop by those areas and play. In my experience, if you like PvP you might want to choose Indomitable. I'm on Everlasting and the PvP areas tend to be pretty empty but you can still try them out and see what you think.

Indomitable as a PvP server is like Everlasting with RP. It's not exclusive to those servers, it's just where people who are interested in those things have unofficially decided to gather. You can RP in any server but will probably find more RPers on Everlasting.

How populated do the servers feel usually for general casual play/ grouping. Im starting tonight after work (can barely contain my excitement). My main worry is... will I be able to find a sewers group? Is there a server that is considered the most active?

I play on Torchbearer, and you practically trip over DFB teams. I have seen three teams being formed in the sewer at one time. I'm on Eastern US time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

How populated do the servers feel usually for general casual play/ grouping. Im starting tonight after work (can barely contain my excitement). My main worry is... will I be able to find a sewers group? Is there a server that is considered the most active?

Pick a server, any server, and you'll get a team. Or, better yet, run one yourself!

I'm out.

One thing I will point out is the Server Status page at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/. This shows you the amount of users currently logged in at a point in time. While it won't really show trends (though you can see that on the discord), it will show you which ones have the most and least populations. Anecdotally, they are the same ones every time I look. Granted it could change at any time.

The second thing, most of this game happens in instances rather than open world. I mention this mainly because if you are joining Death From Below (DFB) or running contact missions, you will (most of the time) be heading into a door with your own private instance of that mission so will have the mobs all to you and your team's self. This reduces the impact quite a bit of high population servers on your game play. Just wanted to mention it for your consideration of your "home" server. Because let's face it, most of us have characters on more than one. Or am I alone in that?

Thank you folks.

Very familiar with the game since I played from Beta til Sunset... I just wasn't sure if the Homecoming team made PvP changes to allow it more, or open world, on Indomitable.

Given the 18 quintillion people I've seen on the servers... I don't think finding a team will be a problem, lol.

Frankly I'm glad the servers are loaded... just not when my first mission is open world, in a specific area, to kill 5 Hellions :(

Though in the long run this healthy population is good for the future of the game.