Question about perma Light Form

Tonio

The effects of all clickable buffs with a duration persist into Dwarf and Nova forms. With enough recharge, you are able to recast LF before it even falls off, so that even when the crash that takes half your hp and end happens, you're already capped on your resists again, making the reliance on resists from Dwarf form unnecessary.

As long as you keep track of your human form cooldowns while shapeshifted (I keep copies of LF, Inner Light and Dawn Strike on another hotbar), you shouldn't have periods of extreme vulnerability. Again, this requires a significant investment in global recharge, but it is very doable.

• Thanks 2

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

• 1 month later
On 6/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, Dungeoness said:

The effects of all clickable buffs with a duration persist into Dwarf and Nova forms. With enough recharge, you are able to recast LF before it even falls off, so that even when the crash that takes half your hp and end happens, you're already capped on your resists again, making the reliance on resists from Dwarf form unnecessary.

As long as you keep track of your human form cooldowns while shapeshifted (I keep copies of LF, Inner Light and Dawn Strike on another hotbar), you shouldn't have periods of extreme vulnerability. Again, this requires a significant investment in global recharge, but it is very doable.

Yeah this my recharge is so high my light form has a 9 second overlap between when it comes up and when my hp/end crashes so I just put light form's button on all my hotbars and I can always see the cooldown and I just switch out of dwarf to hit it and back in and crash while in dwarf, dwarf heal, and its almost like theres no crash. 

17 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Yeah this my recharge is so high my light form has a 9 second overlap between when it comes up and when my hp/end crashes so I just put light form's button on all my hotbars and I can always see the cooldown and I just switch out of dwarf to hit it and back in and crash while in dwarf, dwarf heal, and its almost like theres no crash. 

To note: Light Form's crash is a set to 50% HP and END. If you have been redlining or running into a lot of Psionic Damage and find yourself below those marks when you crash, you will effectively be healed to that amount. It is usually a rare thing to see since you will usually have a heal available, but it is nice when it works out in your favor.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

55 minutes ago, archgemini24 said:

To note: Light Form's crash is a set to 50% HP and END. If you have been redlining or running into a lot of Psionic Damage and find yourself below those marks when you crash, you will effectively be healed to that amount. It is usually a rare thing to see since you will usually have a heal available, but it is nice when it works out in your favor.

Oh its fucking hilarious when that happens. I've literally been saved by light form crash before, it bridged the time until my heals came back up tanking, I just had to dwarf port away to be able to pop a heal and port back to taunt. 

Also I LOVE dwarf port I think it's one of the best overall design decisions made for PBs. I love that I have 3 goddamn travel powers at the cost of one power pool pick because I wanted super speed TOO. Like My PB really does feel like a swiss army knife. I have a small heal, I have a stun/mez, I have a nuke, I have massive resists in any form, I took tp friend and super speed/celerity IO early so I can stealth anything anytime, I took goddamn stealth pool for lotg mules and can give friends stealth too! 

I really am I'm like a Stalker, Sentinel, tank, and misc support all in one. 

With a self rez if i do something stupid!

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Like 2