The Bat-Family

Omega Force

After playing too much Arkham City, reading character design diaries from Maryland Snowman, and reading a detailed review of Nightfall, I decided to translate Batman and his disciples as if they arrived in Paragon.  Their stealth suggests stalkers, but I wanted to focus on their differences, as if building a team for Stalker Saturday.

Batman is a skilled fighter, but doesn't use as many high-flying moves as Robin.  He's physically and mentally tough, with endurance to spare.  And has batarangs.  Street Justice/Willpower/Weapon.

Nightwing is one of the DCU's premier acrobats, a well-conditioned martial artist who favors twin batons.  Dual Blade is an easy choice.  But in some media, he wields electric stun batons, and I think that would make things more interesting.  Elec Melee/Super Reflexes/Body.

Robin 3 is smaller and quicker than the others, using his brain before his brawn.  Staff/Ninjitsu/Weapon.

Azrael is probably his toughest student, favoring powered armor and wielding flaming daggers that bear an amazing resemblance to RG blades.  Claws/Invulnerability/Blaze.

Batgirl 3 is phenomenal fighter, a melee machine that rarely uses weapons or gadgets.  Cassie can take a beating but usually dodges like Spider-Man.  Martial Arts/Super Reflexes/Body.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Omega Force said:

Batgirl 3 is phenomenal fighter, a melee machine that rarely uses weapons or gadgets.  Cassie can take a beating but usually dodges like Spider-Man.  Martial Arts/Super Reflexes/Body.

Street Justice/Super Reflexes/Body Mastery.

You want that satisfying SMACK/CRACK sound set in Street Justice over the animations and sounds used in Martial Arts.

Plus there's that knee to the midsection move ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I have a "main" Stalker who's conceptually basically what-if-Batgirl-had-magic, and she's Street Justice/Super Reflexes/Body. It ticks all the boxes:

- Very satisfying, thwacky sound effects. This is the most important part, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

- Excellent offensive potential

- *Incredibly* durable for a SR Stalker, which misses one of the scaling resists

- Nearly infinite end. I run ALL the toggles. And Tough/Weave. And Assault. And Sprint. And Ninja Run. Doesn't matter.

- Because of that, she's very very fast. I feel that speed is underrated on melee DPS by a lot of people, but it helps a ton.

So StJ/SR/Body is a combo that dishes it out well (as any Bat-disciple should), dodges like mad and can take a *reasonable* hit every once in a while (which fits Batgirl's fighting style), can fight forever, and can do so while sneaking and doing backflips everywhere. It's awesome and highly recommended for Bat-knockoffs.

• Like 1