Role Advice

I currently main a sentinel that I built to be rather tanky and even generate some agro. 

I have no real experience with PBs. Would it be feasible to replicate the tanky-sentinel with a PB in human form (I rather dislike the other forms). If so, what would be the advantages and trade offs?

I am not a min/maxer by any stretch of the imagination, but also don't like to completely handicap myself. Just looking for some advice on what sort of ply style to expect as a human form PB before I try and level one up and drop 100M+ on enhancements.

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series

I’m just curious - not that human PB isn’t a build, but what makes you want to play PB if you hate the forms? 

i understand people that have played pb and want to go the human only route, but never playing it and going into it as a human only mindset seems like a lot of fun to miss.

anyways, you can build perma light form in human and be tanky. 

6 minutes ago, kiramon said:

I’m just curious - not that human PB isn’t a build, but what makes you want to play PB if you hate the forms? 

i understand people that have played pb and want to go the human only route, but never playing it and going into it as a human only mindset seems like a lot of fun to miss.

anyways, you can build perma light form in human and be tanky. 

Hate would be a bit of a stretch, just dislike the look for the IDEA of the character I want. Typically I kind of create a character in my head and see what I can use in-game to make it real. Shopping around ATs for this idea and mentioned my main as a slight point of reference (char idea is similar).

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series

Hey Dana,

I have a human only PB and they are quite fun... and tanky. I think coming from a Sentinel, what you might notice is the absence of Mez/Psi resistance in the low to mid levels. Other than that, the PB is as versatile as the sentinel in the sense you can build it several ways as you see fit. Also as a PB, you now have melee attacks (one nuke will kb everyone across the room), so it sort of progresses from the Sentinel being dubbed a "ranged scrapper" into being a hybrid range AND scrapper.

Another thing that might catch you off guard with the PB is the fact that you're a Quantum magnet. Whether you team or solo, you will almost always encounter a Quantum in every mission. Just think of Quants as Malta Sappers to other ATs -- take them out first then kill the rest at your pleasure.

Finally, you'll find out that you don't and can't get access to Epic/Patron pools. I like how one PB guru put it: You don't need Epic Pools when you're an Epic AT. 😃

Enjoy your PB.

• Like 2