Need some help with Mind/Dark/Ice

akhan0789

Hello,

Please see the build I made below and plan to use. I have perma-Domination and perma-Hasten but I would appreciate some advice on how I could fine tune the build. My goals/thoughts/questions are as follows: 

- Ideally, I would like to be at 45% defense to Smash/Lethal, though I can live with 40% (I understand team buffs will make up the difference but I primarily solo farm).

- Regarding the run speed IOs: I tried to make this character a play on my Ice/SR/Dark Sentinel, who I built to be a speedster.

- The concept above is also the reason why I picked the sets I did, though I have read mixed feelings on Mind Control. How does Mind Control stack up in the end game?

- Is Moon Beam (or Dominator snipes in general) a required pick? I tried to aim for 97% To-Hit so I could get the snipe to be instant cast always but I couldn't quite get there.

- Thoughts on Night Fall? I picked up the power while I am leveling and I do like it, although the cone is really narrow. Does it get better with IOs?

- I have read great things about Sleet but I would like to fit in a bit more AoE (as mentioned, I like to solo farm) in the form of Fire Ball (even though it does break my concept). Which route should I take? Going back to the previous question, would Night Fall help fill this gap?

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Dark Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Mesmerize            CaloftheS-Acc/Rchg(A), CaloftheS-EndRdx/Sleep(3), CaloftheS-Acc/EndRdx(3), CaloftheS-Sleep/Rng(5), CaloftheS-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(5)
Level 1:    Dark Blast            Empty(A)
Level 2:    Dominate            SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(11)
Level 4:    Gloom                Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dam%(15)
Level 6:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 8:    Mass Hypnosis            CaloftheS-Acc/Rchg(A), CaloftheS-EndRdx/Sleep(19), CaloftheS-Acc/EndRdx(19), CaloftheS-Sleep/Rng(21), CaloftheS-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(21)
Level 10:    Super Speed            Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 12:    Super Jump            Jump-I(A)
Level 14:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Run+(45)
Level 16:    Gather Shadows            RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 18:    Total Domination        SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(27)
Level 20:    Engulfing Darkness        Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 22:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 24:    Tough                StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 26:    Terrify                Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(34), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Rgn-Knock%(34)
Level 28:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Run+(46), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 30:    Maneuvers            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Run+(46), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 32:    Mass Confusion            MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(36), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(36), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(36), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), MlsIll-Dam%(37)
Level 35:    Moon Beam            StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(40)
Level 38:    Midnight Grasp            Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(42)
Level 41:    Tactics                GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(45), GssSynFr--Build%(45)
Level 44:    Sleet                AchHee-DefDeb/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 47:    Frozen Armor            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Run+(48)
Level 49:    Assault                EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Domination    
Level 1:    Quick Form    
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift                Run-I(A)
Level 2:    Health                Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2:    Hurdle                Jump-I(A)
Level 2:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50:    Nerve Radial Paragon    
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
17.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
17.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
17.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
17.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
17.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
17.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
17.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
17.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
8.5% Defense(Melee)
7.25% Defense(Smashing)
7.25% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
17.56% Defense(Energy)
17.56% Defense(Negative)
11% Defense(Psionic)
21.63% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)
4.5% Max End
8% Enhancement(Held)
8% Enhancement(Stunned)
8.8% Enhancement(Terrorized)
10.5% Enhancement(Confused)
16% Enhancement(Immobilized)
106.3% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
26% Enhancement(Sleep)
15% SpeedFlying
194.6 HP (19.13%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 77.5%
MezResist(Held) 77.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 77.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 77.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 77.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 77.5%
MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20 % chance)
23% (0.38 End/sec) Recovery
28% (1.19 HP/sec) Regeneration
6% Resistance(Smashing)
6% Resistance(Lethal)
18% Resistance(Fire)
18% Resistance(Cold)
22.5% Resistance(Toxic)
22.5% Resistance(Psionic)
45% SpeedRunning

Mass Confusion, Total Domination and Terrify are more than enough AoE control, I'd drop Mass Hypnosis.  Moonbeam is great.  The best thing about /Dark is Life Drain, you should have that one, 3 slot with Nictus and 3 with Purple Range set, no need for Gloom.  I'd lose the Leaping pool for either Sorcery for Rune of Protection or Force of Will for Unleash Potential, either of these powers are far superior to anything else you can pull out of the regular pools.  

Edited by Mezmera

5 hours ago, kiramon said:

Don't see a need to Gaussian in tactics if you are running solo, especially on petless mind.  

Also, blue fireballs fit any concept.

6 slotted Gaussian's is the way to go.  The bonuses are fantabulous and the build up proc is awesome.  There's nowhere else really to slot a tohitt set and Gaussian 6 slotted is my drug of choice with tactics as well.  

13 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

6 slotted Gaussian's is the way to go.  The bonuses are fantabulous and the build up proc is awesome.  There's nowhere else really to slot a tohitt set and Gaussian 6 slotted is my drug of choice with tactics as well.  

I suppose. I 6 slot tactics with it as well when I plan to team. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, akhan0789 said:

Ideally, I would like to be at 45% defense to Smash/Lethal, though I can live with 40%

through this out, but there is a +5 defense all on the P2W that scales with level for 2.5 million every hour at 50 and can max it out at 8 hours.

You can have multiple builds, you don't need a one size fits all for both farming and groups.  Farming you are specalizing in one damage type with a specific resist and specific IO sets, in a group you are going to want to want to balance it with the powers you pick and what IO sets that maybe different from the farm build.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer