Shield/Elec or Elec/Shield?

TJBC

Really want to start a Shield/Elec or Elec/Shield character but can't figure out which one I would enjoy the most.

At first I was thinking Elec/Shield Stalker until I learned that AAO is suppressed by Hide. Seems like between the telenukes not dropping Hidden status and the ATO procing Hide there wouldn't be much use for AAO. Obviously in it's current state it has to be suppressed or the -dmg debuff would not allow Hide to function, kinda wish the Stalker version didn't have the debuff. Do Shield Stalkers take AAO? Is it worthwhile?

Now I'm thinking about going the other direction with a Shield/Elec Tanker.  Seems like the increased target cap for AoE's would fit nicely with the telenukes and Thunderstrike. Or maybe something about these sets that I'm not considering would favor a Brute or Scrapper?  Not sure what the all the pros/cons would be across the AT's for this combo.

I've had all 4, tank and broot on live, scrap and stalker on HC. Stalker is far and away the best. I'd rate them Stalker>Tanker>Scrapper>Brute. Stalker's the only one you won't be ineffectually chipping away at bosses after everything that was pumping up AAO is dead.

As to the effectiveness of AAO on stalker, it's fine. Obviously it's not as noticeable as it is on a shield tank vs a non-shield but it's still extra damage for you and less for them.

Also I'd recommend you try skipping thunderstrike. It's just so slow.

Oh right that’s the part I was forgetting! Elec’s weakness is lack of a good single target heavy hitter and AS fills that gap. I think I will try a Stalker. Thanks!

Edited by TJBC