"Skeletons in Your Closet" Mission Bug

Apparition

I flashed back via Ouroboros to run Dr. Graves' first mission arc.  In the "Skeletons in Your Closet" mission, I encountered a bug.  I've run this mission many, many times regularly (i.e. without flashing back), and I've never seen this before.  At the end of the mission, where you enter a room with the terminal, there were two Wyvern agents just chilling out.  They were both level 9, and neither of them did a thing.  I was unable to interact with them, they just stood there.

cityofheroes_yaJUvufe6W.png

It appears that it's not just "Skeletons in Your Closet."  "Longbow Goes Boom" has three Arachnos Wolf Spiders in the last room with the terminal that are just chilling out, as well.  All three were level 10, none did a thing, and I was unable to interact with them.  Scirocco, of course, is supposed to be there.

cityofheroes_wRoyWsp4BW.png

• 9 months later

Bumping up because this is still a thing.  Also, it occurred in the first mission, "Healthy Competition," this time as well.

Screenshot_111.thumb.png.748c8c601fd7397b4b714cb41c4dbf6f.png

Those three Arachnos agents were never there before.  When the Identity Verification Console blew up, it took out the three Arachnos agents with it.

27 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Character name and server, please.

First one was Gatekeeping App on Excelsior.  The second and newer one is Polar Apparition on Torchbearer.

This was all while running Dr. Graves’ first story arc via Ouroboros Flashback.

My guess is that sometimes interractable objects placed as NPCs, like a computer, might be coded as part of a group.  Larger team sizes might cause the group to show up, even though they're not supposed to, and they're flagged as friendly since the main NPC object is also flagged friendly.  One instance of this I can think of is during the Valentine's Day story arc in Pocket D.  The summoning circle for reviving Red Widow tends to spawn with a group of friendly Council if the team size is increased.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

My guess is that sometimes interractable objects placed as NPCs, like a computer, might be coded as part of a group.  Larger team sizes might cause the group to show up, even though they're not supposed to, and they're flagged as friendly since the main NPC object is also flagged friendly.  One instance of this I can think of is during the Valentine's Day story arc in Pocket D.  The summoning circle for reviving Red Widow tends to spawn with a group of friendly Council if the team size is increased.

That makes sense.  When I run these missions while leveling, I only do x2 because I'm a lowbie.  Running via Ouroboros Flashback, they're set at either x3 or x4.  They also only spawn around the computer consoles.  My guess is this also impacts the Twinshot story arcs, since they feature computer consoles in quite a few missions as well.  I'll have to actually switch alignment to blue side and check later.

All in all, this is a really low priority bug, so I understand if it doesn't get fixed anytime soon.  It just makes no sense seeing Arachnos lounging around in Dr. Graves' arcs, considering Dr. Graves is trying to actively avoid Arachnos' attention, and Wyvern are out of nowhere.