Herodrome: The Super Super Superhero Show (Arc 30937)

oedipus_tex

Herodrome: The Super Super Superhero Show (Arc 30937)

Greetings heroes,

Have you ever wanted to be a celebrity? Herodrome: The Super Super Superhero Show is recruiting hopefuls to be a contestant on our game show! What's that? Never heard of it? It's only the most popular program on at 3AM in the upper Mid West, between infomercials!

Sure, its violent, but that's what viewers love. Don't worry, not everything you see on TV is real. We'll set you up with our team of stunt coordinators to create gruesome effects perfect for America's living rooms. Yes, there's been a lawsuit or two from former contestants who allegedly suffered concussions from propelled lamp posts, but you know how to duck right?

image.png.ed17d7444ee2b8be4741332d691b7109.png

Information About This Arc

• 5 missions, progressing difficulty.
  • Tested with the team lead at level 50. Recommended level for all team members is 30-50.
  • Recommended difficulty setting for 8 player teams: +2 if mostly a green group, +3 if you feel confident, +4 if everyone is completely decked out.
  • These missions are specifically designed to give high level teams a hard time without being overly punishing. Specifically, powers or abilities that may not normally be useful may b much more so here. 
  • It is highly recommended that most team members have some form of knockback protection.
  • Support and Control classes will greatly assist you on this task force. In this sense it is similar to some of the game's old school task forces, where support, control, and efficient tanking were very important.
  • Stick together. TV viewers love nothing more than an ambush.

General Strategy and Tips

• Energy Blast is the most common powerset you will encounter. Knockback protection of some kind is highly recommended.
  • Rather than powerful bosses or elite bosses, most of the powerful enemies in this challenge are minions. Picking minions off quickly is critical for your team's survival.
  • Most enemies are color coded and grouped by color. 
  • Many enemies have area denial or unmoving damage patches. Moving or breaking line of sight protects you from these abilities.
  • None of these missions is a kill-all. It is possible to evade some of the more difficult groups.
  • No arch villains. Some Elite Bosses (should be manageable by a level 50 team).
  • Because of the challenging minions, Snipe powers can be of great assistance here.
  • Tip for dealing with enemies with pets: Most of the enemies with pets in this arc are minions, or, occasionally, lieutenants. Confusing a pet owning mob turns the pets on them. Killing them instantly kills the pets.
  • The final mission is far harder than the 4 preceeding missions. It assumes you have learned what you are up against in the previous 4. Pulling enemies and proceeding with caution is recommended.

Solo Players

• This arc will be quite difficult for any solo player because of the variety of challenges thrown at the player. If you insist on running solo, it is recommended to run it no higher than +0x3 unless heavily IOed.
  • The only mission that includes Elite Bosses that must be defeated to advance is failable if the bosses reach the mission exit. Failing this mission allows you to progress to the next mission. If you cannot complete this mission due to the bosses, you can have them chase you to the door and proceed by failing.
Edited by oedipus_tex

• 1 month later

So, I played this, and, it was a good time!

I think the charm of this mission is lost playing it solo on a lower difficulty, it really seems like it wants to be a giant den of chaos! So, I'm gonna have to get a team together and do just that!

Two bits of critique: You seemed to have gone back and forth using Real Names vs Nake Fames. Also, one of the mission entry pop ups, I think it was mission 3, had the first half of a sentence repeated or something? I dunno, it just looked confusing. Either way, the text in this arc could use an editing pass.

Otherwise, this arc was a bit of cheeky fun. 4 stars!

A nice fun beat-em-up mission. The player is starring on a sub-prime TV show, where you smash cars, tag 'babes', and meet funny parodies of celebrities. There's no story, but who cares. It does get a bit odd in places... the mobs are called "gotchas", with some Animus Arcana thrown in for some reason. The "Karen" boss in the last mission feel out of place. And, although I looked high and low, I couldn't find enough keys to enter the Pleasure Dome.