Some numbers

drbuzzard

OK, put a bit of time into making up a spreadsheet on sentinel offense.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ys_WYSHarVfYLmvtiSnPkac8u0Eds9lbjTYqhy8LOG0/edit?usp=sharing

It includes only the single target attacks as that's generally the core of making up a high DPS chain (a couple of high DPAS AOEs are included since they are high enough to be noted, but one should understand the proc numbers are off for them). Arcanatime is included in the DPAS (damage per activation second)results. I also included the ability to figure out proc rates (another note, proc rates are capped at 90% or .9, so rates above that are meaningless, however will give a guide as to what powers can be recharge enhanced).

Beam rifle is out of alphabetical order because the numbers available at character creation are way off because they claim an energy DoT for the T1 and T2, but neither one actually does that (I made a report in the bug forum). I measured the numbers myself on rikti pylons adjusted for their resistance and sentinel debuff.

I'm not one that provides builds to people as many others do. I prefer people to understand the powers and make their own builds given their own preferences. I don't much use character designer since I prefer to get a feel for the set as I go along and build at that point. This is not to criticize those who do otherwise. This is to explain why I bothered with all this (which took a little while). This should provide people with a fairly comprehensive guide to compare the primaries for single target ability.

So go forth and build, the numbers are already crunched.

One final note, DPAS is the key number in any comparison of powers (by this I mean actual powers, not proc builds). People should never be fixated on the damage done by a power without considering how fast it animates.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the first post, the T1 and T2 for Beam Rifle are wrong because they include energy DoT which doesn't actually happen. I tested this quite a few times on alts to make sure.

You can probably get away with just including the base number listed (below) and leave out the DoT. I know the number up top on the creation display is completely wrong.

Edited by drbuzzard

I think what is at play is the "Disintegrate Spread causes Minor Energy damage over time." In the API it references this and that is a DOT that does 6 * 5.28 energy damage over time. 20% chance for this to trigger.

It doesn't sound like this would be something at play in a single target scenario.

Edited by underfyre

10 minutes ago, underfyre said:

I think what is at play is the "Disintegrate Spread causes Minor Energy damage over time." In the API it references this and that is a DOT that does 6 * 5.28 energy damage over time. 20% chance for this to trigger.

It doesn't sound like this would be something at play in a single target scenario.

I suppose that could be it, but it fails to do it to the original target, so it should not count towards the damage number, but it is included. I guess as a positive it does mean both the T1 and T2 both spread disintegrate (I was a bit fuzzy on that). This means the T2 is the better of the two since it at least gets a damage bonus when disintegrate is up. 

Added a quick fix for that in that spreadsheet. Added (6*5.28*3*20%) to the AOE rotation for abilities 1 and 2. It can spread 3 targets at a 20% rate.

That's a quick and dirty fix though. I'm fairly sure it is enhanceable. It doesn't have a flag for IgnoreStrength. Better than adding it in where it doesn't exist, and ignoring it entirely where it does.