Does anyone else have issues with the editor not grabbing or moving items?

ShardWarrior

Apologies if this is a bit vague to describe.  Unfortunately, we cannot post videos so it may be difficult to conceptualize.  Essentially, I am unable to grab items and drag them to the right of the screen or move them vertically or rotate them.  Moving to the left works just fine and I am able to manipulate them on the left side of the screen.  It is not a mouse issue as I have tried different mice.  It is not the base items as I am able to work with the editor no problem with other laptops.  I tried setting the display to a lower resolution but still no dice.  Windows, BIOS and GPU drivers are all up-to-date. 

I am wondering if this is a UHD resolution issue?  My new laptop is 3840 x 2160 resolution and one thing I have noticed is that the black theater bands on cut scenes are missing from the right side of the screen when they are shown.  Could this be a problem with the editor and aspect ratio?  Anyone else using UHD resolution?

Edited by ShardWarrior

• Community Rep

Can you grab said item and,  reversing your orientation, move it to where you could not move it when facing the other way? That would help clear up whether or not it was a base issue or an equipment/setup issue of some sort. I mean, is the -area- proscribed somehow, or is it the right side of your screen, regardless of the direction you are facing?

-Dacy

I can work on the left side of the screen normally.  GM ColdSpark confirmed the editor has a bug where it will not work right at UHD or higher screen resolutions. I created a bug report for it here.  I guess there is some sort of screen resolution limit baked into the editor code.  I can work around, just super annoying to not be able to take full advantage of the whole screen.