Pro/Con of Dom vs Controller

Mashugana

On 9/1/2020 at 12:25 PM, Mezmera said:

I've tanked those same things with my doms too.  Mine are energy assault and dark assault but I'd assume just about any dom secondary could do it if the person knows to play to the dominator's build strengths.  For instance any dom with a powerboost capability in their secondary can cap all of their positional defenses and a lot of secondaries have a powerboost power.  Also doms with a healing mechanic could manage it.

Does Power Boost increase the potency of things like Combat Jumping and Hover while they are already toggled on?  Do you need to re-activate them?  Or is it just boosting click-defense powers?

25 minutes ago, capricorpse said:

Does Power Boost increase the potency of things like Combat Jumping and Hover while they are already toggled on?  Do you need to re-activate them?  Or is it just boosting click-defense powers?

Powerboost does increase the potency of anything that provides defense.  So yes it does increase CJ and Hover.  Keep in mind though is that the boost only stays active on toggle defenses while Powerboost is active.  But something like Unleash Potential where you can increase it's defense through Powerboost the boost to the defense stays active for the whole minute that Unleash is active just so long as you used Powerboost first and in conjunction with Unleash Potential.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Powerboost does increase the potency of anything that provides defense.  So yes it does increase CJ and Hover.  Keep in mind though is that the boost only stays active on toggle defenses while Powerboost is active.  But something like Unleash Potential where you can increase it's defense through Powerboost the boost to the defense stays active for the whole minute that Unleash is active just so long as you used Powerboost first and in conjunction with Unleash Potential.  

okay cool, I'm now* considering reworking my Gravity/Energy to have Unleash Potential in the build, unless someone thinks that's a waste.  I don't need the ST attack, but I think the defense/to hit debuff could be useful?

Edited by capricorpse

Just now, capricorpse said:

okay cool, I'm not considering reworking my Gravity/Energy to have Unleash Potential in the build, unless someone thinks that's a waste.  I don't need the ST attack, but I think the defense/to hit debuff could be useful?

Yes I take Weaken Resolve and slot just the Achilles -res proc in it since that'll fire theoretically 90% of the time so you're getting -27% resist on target.  Then I take Mighty Leap for my travel and then the very nice defense boost in Unleash Potential.  You'll have a nice debuff useful for AV fights, a travel and a great defense power.