What Synergizes with an Elec/Time controller?

Umagon 23

Hello!

I haven't touched CoH since....a long time ago. i came to check out homecoming and had fun. a friend of mine wanted to join me exploring praetoria. I made an Electric/ Time controller and i'm curious what would synergize well with it.

some one in /help chat told me that it offers tons of control and pretty good defense, so i kind of figured a scrapper or blaster may be best? to actually kill things?

any advice would be great. thank you!

Time is a fairly broad (and pretty strong) debuff set, so as long as you stay in mid range and keep enemies in your aura, you're very tanky... But you'll also suck up aggro like a high end vacuum cleaner.

I also found electric control lacks a bit in raw damage.

Maybe someone like a brute, tanker or blaster would be a good pairing, but honestly it's such a flexible game that almost any pair will work.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Any kind of damage character will help pair well with Time well.

Since Electric Control saps enemy endurance, having the other player also have some sapping abilities will make the two of you very powerful. Electric Armor, Energy Armor, Electric Blasts are some of the best sets for this. 

Another alternative would be to have your partner role an Electric Control Dominator. Between your paired controls and saps you'd be a very scary pair.

• Like 2

A well built Elec troller has a great deal of area lockdown. I would go with a blaster or a corr with aoe dmg capabilities. But with good single target dmg for hard targets.

The end drain aspect of the game doesn’t work very well in practice since fully drained enemies always seem to be able to fire off attacks no matter what. 

Whatever you choose should have aoe damage though. 

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

Thank you for the advice!

My friend ended up going with ice/electric blaster. it's worked pretty well. we kind of get thing saround the corner clumped up. and i sleepyfield  them, then immobilze and hold anyne who is loose. I do level way way faster with the blaster than alone!

I was going to suggest an Ice Blaster or Ice/Kin Corr. 

My Ice/Atom blaster is fantastic with the Aoe and it has solid single target as well. Ice/Elec will be very similar as the secondaries have great melee as well.

Good choice 🙂

Edited by Doc Ranger

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior.