Rate my Staff/ICE

City_of_Jedi

Just a brief bit of background.

I started in Issue 6 shortly after Enhancement Diversification (ED) was implemented, and played until server shutdown.  I was a regular on the forums.  I have played all Archetypes, however Stalker is the one with which I have had the least experience (although Dominator was a close second). 

I had a Stalker character on the Live Servers that I'm attempting to recreate here.  The concept, which was/is important to me, was sort of a Poseidon-type character, wielding a trident [because of course he does.]  Seeing as the game lacks "water armor", I went with /Ice instead.  Other than the character on live, which only reached perhaps level 10, I have never used either of these powersets before.  I have a rough idea of how to slot them, but I'm looking for suggestions to improve the build.  I've read people asking about "budget."  Little to none is my answer.  This is my first character on Homecoming.  I've slotted basic IO's for the sake of clarity. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.96

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Character Name: Level 50 Magic Stalker

Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting

Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Precise Strike -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(23), RechRdx-I(42)

Level 1: Hide -- DefBuff-I(A)

Level 2: Guarded Spin -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(13), DefBuff-I(40)

Level 4: Frozen Armor -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(23)

Level 6: Assassin's Staff -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(9), RechRdx-I(13), RechRdx-I(36)

Level 8: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(37)

Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Fly -- Flight-I(A)

Level 14: Hoarfrost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15), RechRdx-I(15), Heal-I(25), Heal-I(25), Heal-I(37)

Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(37)

Level 18: Eye of the Storm -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(19), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(21), Dmg-I(21), RechRdx-I(36)

Level 20: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 22: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 24: Permafrost -- ResDam-I(A)

Level 26: Serpent's Reach -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(27), Dmg-I(27), Dmg-I(29), Dmg-I(29), RechRdx-I(34)

Level 28: Glacial Armor -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(31), DefBuff-I(31)

Level 30: Maneuvers -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Sky Splitter -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(34), RechRdx-I(34)

Level 35: Energy Absorption -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36), EndMod-I(40)

Level 38: Icy Bastion -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39), RechRdx-I(39), ResDam-I(39), ResDam-I(40)

Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(42), EndRdx-I(42), ToHit-I(46), ToHit-I(50)

Level 44: Physical Perfection -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(45), Heal-I(45), EndMod-I(45), EndMod-I(46), EndMod-I(46)

Level 47: Laser Beam Eyes -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(50), DefDeb-I(50)

Level 49: Superior Conditioning -- EndMod-I(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(43), Heal-I(43)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(31), EndMod-I(43)

------------

Anyone with Stalker experience or familiarity with the powersets is welcome to suggest methods of improvement.  I've decided not to mess with invention sets for now, because I feel that is a very long term goal that I might never reach.  I am open to switching the armor set if there is a compelling reason to do so.  However, as I mentioned, there is a concept that I am trying to fulfill.

Thank you.

Edit:  It looks like the powersets have changed slightly, which I failed to notice until now.  What are people using for hero planners these days? 

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

People are using Pine’s which is just an updated mids.

So I can’t really comment on Ice, but what I will say about staff is that I would find room for Mercurial. Staff is based on a four hit combo, and using mercurial blow in the four hit combo has higher dps for ST than using Serpent’s Reach or GS. If you have to get rid of something from your primary to make room for it either Placate or Serpent’s Reach would be fine (because of the new changes to AS)

You might also want to look at Titan Weapons. I don’t know if it has a trident as one of its options, but from what I understand, TW feels a lot more like a god wrecking havoc on some mortals.

This was one of my favorite characters on live. I can't give you much advice until you graduate to super expensive io builds, but I would say take a look at Leviathan mastery. Waterspout is a great power all around for aoe and single target, and hibernate is a fantastic "oh crap" button, plus it fits thematically for you.