Some odd stuff with Mids...?

Ultimo

So, I've been using the Mids Reborn planner since I came back to the game.  Today, I went to load the planner program, but my shortcut said there was no program there, and when I looked, it was largely gone.  The folder was there, and a few files, but much of it had disappeared.

I started reinstalling but get an error, "Error writing to file: E:\ City of Heroes\Mids\Hero Designer.exe.  Verify that you have access to that directory."  If I ignore the error, it gives me another the same, about schema.dll, which forces me to cancel the whole thing.  I'm quite perplexed, that is where the thing was installed previously.  I don't know why it won't reinstall... or why it uninstalled itself in the first place.

Any thoughts?

Ok, got it sorted out.  The problem was that it was still trying to start the program, even though none of the interface was present.  I was finally able to uninstall and reinstall fresh.  As a bonus, I now have ALL the sets, originally, I was missing a couple of them (eg. Experimentation).

• Like 1

My only thought about this, if it wasn't something that you or another person using the computer did, would be that for some reason some virus/malware prevention software decided to have beef with Mids. *shrug*

If it helps anyone in the future, I believe it should be possible to download the ZIP version of the program, extract it to the problem folder, then uninstall. Honestly though, unless you're trying to move the install folder, this should solve the original issue in the first place. We've had reports in Discord of the installer doing strange things, and so far using the ZIP version has solved every issue. Metalios said he's going to rebuild the installer version for the next release, so there's that!

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon