Ice/Earth Dom or Stone/Ice Brute for trio?

I Love Doggies

So, I started on City of Heroes awhile back, and I'm playing with my two boys (11 and 9 years old).  My 11 year old has been into Norse mythology recently, so we're making a giant themed group.  He made Utgarde Loki (Illusion/Time Controller), my 9 year old is going to play Surtr (Fire/Fire Tanker), and I'm going to play Ymir.  I'm set on either an Ice/Earth Dom or Stone/Ice Brute set to crystal for the aesthetics, but I don't know which will be better for the group.

I've played both builds for a few levels, and the Brute is definitely easier right away.  Endurance is a pretty big problem so far on the Dom.  I don't know when or if that changes later on.  I know this is the Dominator forum, so any advice might be a little one-sided.  I have almost no experience playing Doms though, which is why I'm asking here.  Anyone have experience playing either of these sets?  Which one compliments playing with a fairly unskilled Controller and Tanker?

edit:  I also made an account for my 13 year old daughter who happens to love dogs.  She hasn't shown much interest in playing, although she likes designing costumes.  I posted under her account without realizing it...

Edited by I Love Doggies

I have not played a Stone/Ice Brute (/Ice's armor is too ugly for me personally), but I have a lvl 35 Ice/Earth Dominator and he is a blast to play. You're right about endurance. Also, the levels before ice slick can be a grind, but the play style itself is super satisfying. 

With that said, I'm not sure that your "ceiling" as an Ice/Earth Dominator will ever reach your ceiling Stone/Ice Brute. Also, if you are playing with two kiddos, you may want to pick a hardy class in case they wipe.

I'd roll the Brute because it works better out the gate without needing to know too much about how to build it. Ice/Earth Dom is a specialty build that will require tinkering to make it work. 

Note if you're set on Doms, if you could swap around the concept and roll Earth Control/Ice Assault I think you'd have an easier time. 

9 hours ago, Dooblahaach said:

I have not played a Stone/Ice Brute (/Ice's armor is too ugly for me personally), but I have a lvl 35 Ice/Earth Dominator and he is a blast to play. You're right about endurance. Also, the levels before ice slick can be a grind, but the play style itself is super satisfying. 

With that said, I'm not sure that your "ceiling" as an Ice/Earth Dominator will ever reach your ceiling Stone/Ice Brute. Also, if you are playing with two kiddos, you may want to pick a hardy class in case they wipe.

I rolled both classes, and the Brute is definitely the better of the two at this point.  Both kids are pretty terrible, so I can carry us with the Brute far easier than the Dominator.  I'll level up the Dom on the side and switch to it if ever surpasses the Brute in that role.  As for Ice Armor's aesthetics, I run minimal fx on all the skills that encase me in ice.  The ice blocks look even worse when they encase everything in ice except my beard...

8 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I'd roll the Brute because it works better out the gate without needing to know too much about how to build it. Ice/Earth Dom is a specialty build that will require tinkering to make it work. 

Note if you're set on Doms, if you could swap around the concept and roll Earth Control/Ice Assault I think you'd have an easier time. 

I might try Earth/Ice.  Thanks for the suggestion.