Are Sonic Haven/Barrier AOE?

drgantz

2 hours ago, drgantz said:

According to the general description, these two shield abilities appear to be a single ally.  When I look at the numbers it appears that they are AOE.
Do these protect every one within a radius of my allies?

Yes, they were changed to be a targeted aoe. 

• Like 1

When incarnate raids started, the devs realized that certain buff sets would need to buff continuously to protect a raid. That and the buff sets for masterminds needed some love. So now when you cast sonic shields abilities, forcefield shields, cold domination shields, thermal shields, the shields are applied to the allies within a radius of the targeted ally.

In the bad old days, masterminds would summon pets, equip each pet (up to six times), upgrade each pet (up to six times), and apply individual shields like forcefields to each pet, just to fight the spawn camping the door to your mission. Next, after clearing the area near the door, you would zone into the mission, and your pets despawned. So there you were, alone facing an ambush at the door (frequently on red side) trying to summon, equip, upgrade, and buff your pets just to survive entering the mission. Now the pets will follow you into an instance (unless there is a level check for exemping) and keep their equips and upgrades. Times are much better for masterminds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drgantz said:

Thanks for your answers.  I was getting frustrated because the buffs have a 4 minute duration.  Having to buff 7 team members, every 4 minutes would have been frustrating.  I'm glad that they are AOE now.

There used to be a nuance to it.

nowadays, for a MM, just buff your pets and say eff anyone else since they all just run off whenever they want nowadays anyways. 

• Haha 1