Titan/Rad Build Help

laudwic

I've rolled a Titan/Rad Brute as a change of pace.  (A Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson Shardbearer theme)  I've played a brute, scrapper, and a stalker a little on live, but never got far playing a melee class.   I mainly solo or duo as I like to do story arcs and if I have to take time away, even during a mission, I won't hold anyone up.  I am up to 11th, and I've been having fun with it.  

A few questions:

1.  Since I mainly solo, is there any reason to take taunt?  Anything else skipable with Titan Weapons?

2.  Even with all the resistance in Rad, its still worth taking tough and weave, right?  (Is there anything good that can be done to make boxing or kick not a total waste of a power slot?)

3.  With Defensive Sweep, is it worth putting defense sets in other than just a spot to put in another Luck of the Gambler + Recharge?

4.  Any slotting advice for Titan Weapons other than sticking a Force Feedback Chance for Recharge Proc in every power that will take it?

5.  Any slotting advice for Rad?  Especially for Gamma boost?  Assuming I should put in a Steadfast Protection Res/+3% Defense in somewhere.

6.  Is Ground Zero skippable considering I'm going to be generally solo?   Don't like losing a PBAoE but it is only moderate damage, has a high recharge, and I've got the potential for three cones and one PBAoE in Titan and another in Radiation Therapy.

Any advice is appreciated.  

Not looking to make  a farm build, just looking to have fun and have a different play experience as I'm more used to holding mobs and whittling their health away with a Dom or Defender.  There is something to be said for charging in and attacking mobs that aren't being held or asleep.  

Thansk,

Following. I levels up a TW/Rad ages ago, but I have mothballed it for now. TW is so slow and Rad is so clicky that it interrupts building momentum. I would love to bring it out. Look forward to seeing the comments.

7 hours ago, laudwic said:

Not looking to make  a farm build, just looking to have fun and have a different play experience as I'm more used to holding mobs and whittling their health away with a Dom or Defender.  There is something to be said for charging in and attacking mobs that aren't being held or asleep. 

Heh, this is exactly why I built mine!

Yeah, there is a feeling of a prolonged windup with Titan Weapons, but then I see that I hit each and everyone of the group in front of me with my cone, then I do a single target attack that takes out an untouched mob in one hit.  I've been able to take out content that I had to run from or that sent me to the hospital with my prior characters.  Yeah, I took damage and had to use inspirations but it was a nice improvement.  Fallout Shelter seems to have solved my status effect problem nicely.   I haven't changed my mission difficulty yet, but I've taken down two bosses at a time in Steel Canyon without difficulty and routinely take on large at level or plus level groups with use of inspirations (that are replaced by the time the fight is over).  I'm finding that I'm comfortable picking fights at mob sizes and levels that I wouldn't have done on my Dominators, Defender or Corrupter at this level.

Only click I'm using so far with rad is Radiation Therapy as a early heal.  Since I'm planning on skipping Ground Zero, the only other powers in Rad that would require clicking is Particle Shield and Meltdown.  With only three clickable powers in Rad, I don't think it will be too clickie.

I'm not having any endurance problems yet so I should be fine when I'm starting to run Beta Decay, Tough and Weave since I can just slot stamina some.  I'm interested to see what kinda return I get from Beta Decay.

1- even teamed on a /Rad Scrap you'll hold & steal aggro.

2- layered with Def (Melee pref, but S/L is good too) softcap goes a long way. a +Rech proc in Kick is popular, but i don't even use it on Posi TFs with all the attacks i still have.

3- not really. decent with just the LotG ...more useful to make it worthwhile DPS with up to the remaining 5 slots in the few cases you'll lean on it to survive, imo.

4- aside from D.Sweep, careful to have enough EndReduc in the PBAoEs/Cones if you can. boost the lone one in Purple sets. 50% Crit proc in Rend for Scrap builds. i'm not usually a big fan of the FF +Rech proc in most builds, as i normally need the slot/bonus for durability... in TW/Rad, you can already get well over 200% Rech w/o them.

5&6- i didn't have enough slots to do more with G.Boost... it's a Unique mule, imo, & lots of good things can go there. dem HOs love the B.Decay. R.Therapy is a nice proc-bomb, but if you don't have the slots (this will be a recurring theme with TW/Rad) even just a -Res is nice before hittin G.Zero... which is a nasty phat proc-bomb. P.Shielding is worth slots. i only took Meltdown as a mule, & it's nice.

21 hours ago, laudwic said:

I'm planning on skipping Ground Zero

...don't.   😉  

• Like 1