Devices Needs Visual Update

JusticeBringer

Not the animations, but the actual items being used in Devices.

Trip Mine and Time Bomb look like they were developed in World War 2. Targeting Drone and Gun Drone both look outdated, especially with some of the tech presently in the game. The assets for the IDF's Battle Orb and Heavy Trooper's Shoulder Mounted Weapons (modified) seem like they'd make for a great visual update the latter two, respectively.

After a quick Google search for Trip Mine and Time Bomb, perhaps something like this:

spacer.png

Obviously, you can't use that exactly, but I'll take anything that looks more modern or advanced, instead of that rusted ancient look.

Please!

If we get to the point where that can be done, it would be wonderful to also look at some alternative themes to the Traps as well.  Like gris-gris and totems for Magic, or biological organs and polyps for Mutant and Science.  Keep the current version as Low Tech, and then stuff like the above image as High Tech, and maybe do a Steampunk theme too.

And mercifully, the mostly-static animations for these 3D assets suggests they'll be less painful to implement.