Mids-fu building for Accuracy

DreadShinobi

Really just a quick question, how much accuracy do you need to see in mids to know that you are at 95% accuracy vs +3 foes? (+4s aren't really a thing with Alpha slot level shift) 

And if you want to type more, are the situations where you would want more accuracy than that really all that relevant? Level shifted AVs on incarnate trials are league content where you will typically have stacked tactics providing significant tohit buffing to the team. High Defense foes honestly feel rare. Tohit debuffs are only applied if they are alive long enough to apply them, and they actually hit you.

Currently on fire.

Easiest way is to set up Base Tohit to 48 in Options -> Configuration -> Exemping & Base Values.

I used to be one of these persons who overbuild for accuracy and tohit. I hate missing! Nowadays I shoot for barely 95-100% against +3s. It works. I definitely notice a difference on a regular basis. It's rare *not* to run into at least one circumstancial situation per hour where I will whiff for at least a few seconds, where my previous way of building would mean no whiffs ever. But in the grand scheme of things, opportunity cost is real. ~2% more whiffs are worth enduring if it buys you ~10% more damage. Numbers pulled out of my ass, the real ratio is probably even more advantageous to damage over accuracy.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah my Claws/SR was set up for most of her attacks being around 90 to 95% accuracy vs +4s in Mids (instead of 48% set to 39%)  The exception being Follow Up (a bit over 95%), which if it hits put me safely over 95% across the board, nevermind double stacking its To Hit buff. And that's without a level shift, I exemplar too much to rely on that.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:14 AM, nihilii said:

Easiest way is to set up Base Tohit to 48 in Options -> Configuration -> Exemping & Base Values.

I used to be one of these persons who overbuild for accuracy and tohit. I hate missing! Nowadays I shoot for barely 95-100% against +3s. It works. I definitely notice a difference on a regular basis. It's rare *not* to run into at least one circumstancial situation per hour where I will whiff for at least a few seconds, where my previous way of building would mean no whiffs ever. But in the grand scheme of things, opportunity cost is real. ~2% more whiffs are worth enduring if it buys you ~10% more damage. Numbers pulled out of my ass, the real ratio is probably even more advantageous to damage over accuracy.

Thanks, and yes i think I overbuild for accuracy across the board on my builds :s

Currently on fire.