PVP bounty revamp

Greycat

The Bounty System in Siren's Call needs a revamp.

Quoting from the Wiki -

Bounty is obtained when you or your teammates defeat player enemies in the Siren's Call zone. The amount that you earn per defeat is largely dependent on how well your target has been faring in combat. It is important to note that your assigned bounty will likely be worth more to you then a random player enemy, not to mention the fact that if a bounty has been collected on an unassigned foe too recently, you won't receive anything. You may also receive 100 bounty when you help your side (Longbow or Arachnos) win a battle at the current Hotspot. Your unspent bounty will be lost if you leave the map for any reason, this includes logging/disconnecting and entering one of the door missions available in the zone.
Cashing In

To "cash in," talk to the Security Chief (for heroes) or the Arbiter (for villains). He will offer you a prize based on how much bounty you have. The following is a list of possible prizes and how much bounty you must have to collect:
1,000 Bounty

With the defeat of your targeted bounties, you have earned the right to choose from the following rewards:

A medium-sized Defense Inspiration
    A medium-sized Damage Resistance Inspiration
    A medium-sized Accuracy Inspiration
    A medium-sized Endurance Recovery Inspiration
    A medium-sized Healing Inspiration
    A medium-sized Damage Inspiration
    A medium-sized Resurrection Inspiration
    A medium-sized Break Free Inspiration

6,000 Bounty

With the defeat of your targeted bounties, you have earned the right to choose from the following rewards:

A single-origin enhancement of your origin

This system has a number of flaws, besides just being outdated.
1. The rewards just aren't worth the time, especially on a PVP-light (or essentially PVP free) server... IE, most of them.

2. The bounty itself takes far too long to build up.

3. The bounty goes away if you leave the zone for any reason - *including* doing PVP zone missions, which do affect the performance of either side somewhat.

Solutions:
1. Make bounty a token, similar to AE tickets, merit rewards, etc.

Yes, I know, "ugh, another currency." But this would make bounty worth working towards, as you could build it up over time and keep it, versus losing all progress.

2. Give bounty rewards for the PVP zone missions.

... which is part of the reason for 1. It's silly to have to choose between "I have these debuffs" and "I have bounty." WIth tokens, not only can you keep the rewards, but you can add rewards for doing PVP missions - which, after all, DO affect the sides.

3. Expand the system to the other zones.

Give rewards for defeating a firebase/freeing a scientist/winning a battle/taking over a pillbox, for completing a PVP mission (including the patrols,) for getting a Shivan or Nuke, for getting codes/shards from enemy players, for defeats, the works. Besides, we'll be able soon to jump from pvp zone to pvp zone.

4. Make the rewards worthwhile.

In Siren's, I just spent... eh, probably under an hour, but still.. taking place in multiple zone battles (nobody to fight, after all.) Result? All wins. 500 bounty. Nothing I can turn them in for - though, by contrast, I did get SO drops, a rare recipe, inspiration drops (heck, my temp power recharged and I got more inspirations that way.) In short... there's no reason to save for the rewards here.

Making them tokens opens up options. Yes, actually, having inspirations as a reward would be handy (lacking, oh, nurses) - but mediums should be *cheap* (or just throw a nurse in.) Pop in recipes - including at upper levels PVP recipes, but 1/5 commons, 1/5 uncommons, rare, PVP and VR would be options, as well as salvage - and possibly more. We already do this for reward merits and vanguard merits. The PVP rewards shouldn't be so "meh." (I'm not going to say what numbers should be what.) And, yeah, some sort of fair conversion to merit rewards would be in there. (I'd rather go PVP-> merit than go both ways, on first instinct.)

Fairly sure I've posted in the past about just making these worthwhile to begin with - this is a bit more extensive.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.