Mako Patron Arc, 1st Mission

Unedjis

Hi all,

I was asked to make a thread, so here it is.

When doing the 1st mission of Mako's patron arc ("Rescue Arachnos operatives"), there are certain conditions that seem to prevent completing the mission. I played it on a lvl50 scrapper on +2x8, so aggro management was limited. Therefore the first of the two Arachnos operatives you're supposed to rescue, the Tarantula Mistress Lt, died in Longbow AoE before I could properly get to her so she would "turn green" (her hit box, indicating that she went from blue = neutral to green = pet status). The mission did not fail, the objective updated to only one left to rescue, but even after clearing all the mobs (and successfully rescuing the Mu guy), the mission did not complete. I did this twice with the same outcome (abandoning and re-initiating after the first try), the same Tarantula dying twice before I could get her. I could not just auto-complete the mission either because it's a timed one, so I did it a third time on lower settings, this time rescuing both hostages and completing it successfully.

A fail condition could be implemented, similar to the one employed in the Dark Watcher arc where you have to rescue the Nemesis Lt that always dies in the AoE, in which case the mission fails. (Or in the Montague Castanella mission where you have to rescue and protect that weird shooty lady that always dies as well.)

Cheers,

Unedjis

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Unedjis said:

(Or in the Montague Castanella mission where you have to rescue and protect that weird shooty lady that always dies as well.)

Lady Jane. I've taken to using a sort of degenerate approach to that mission, where I'll use an Empowerment Station in my base to create a two-hour Invisibility buff, then skate past the group holding Lady Jane hostage to clear the route through to the end room with the chest, then come back and pull nearby spawns (with Nemesis Staff and Blackwand if on a melee character) to get them as well, then take out Lady Jane's guards to free her. Canceling the invisibility, I drag her through the now-empty tunnels to the chest, wondering all the while if it would be simpler just to be able to bind her, throw her over your shoulder, and carry her there.

I imagine that the same sort of tactic, using ranged attacks to pull the nearby mobs away while keeping their AoEs on you, where they can't hit the hostage(s) you need to rescue, would work in other missions.

Update: The same issue happens later in Scirocco's 3rd arc with Eukrisal. If he dies, the mission does not fail but can't be completed either. To me it seems like this may have been caused by a recent-ish patch, because I don't remember having had any issues with this contact in the past.