Beam Rifle with Atomic or Time?

JnEricsonx

There is little synergy between the first pairing as Beam Rifle is a set best used at a distance while Atomic is a set best used for melee where you can leverage the +recharge of Beta Decay. Temporal offers a slow power that will let you easier keep distance, has a better (faster) pbAoE attack which fills the weakness in BR better, and offers synergy between stun powers in both sets. With Atomic you will need Positron Cell+Radioactive Cloud to leverage holds vs bosses, but PC is significantly worse DMG than Lancer Shot. Ultimately though, I think Atomic is a stronger set if in larger teams with little concerns over the ultimate blaster power of faceplanting, this will allow Beta Decay alone to outshine anything Temporal has on offer.

I'm enjoying my Beam/Time a lot so far.  I haven't gotten him high enough to comment on how well the sets work together, though I'm definitely looking forward to the Recharge boost.

What I can say, though, is that the sound design of the two sets go together very well so far.  I had a Eng/Time that didn't work for me because of how jarring those sets sounded together, but with my Beam/Time it sounds very cohesive, especially with the draw sound effect.  Time Wall -> Charged Shot -> Single Shot sounds great, and perfect for a character in tech armor.

Bonnes from the old forums.

's doesn't make things plural

I came up with a neat little BR/Time concept and have enjoyed the pairing so far.  They seem to be working out pretty well, both functionally AND aesthetically.  But he's not really high level and will probably just slot him with Workbench IO's for now.

I don't suppose anyone has a ready made build put together that they could share?