i27 AE Changes

Ankylosaur

I noticed something in AE that was different in i27 and thought others might too, so created this thread to keep them together. Feel free to share anything you find!

Don't know if this is intentional or not, but the Devices secondary for blasters is chock full of extra goodness in AE now with both additional and modified powers. Only powerset change I have noticed so far but it may be an unintended consequence of the blaster secondary updates...

Web grenade is now Toxic web grenade while Field Operative, Trip Mine and Time Bomb are new. If unintended I hope the AI knows what to do with the new powers. 🙂

image.thumb.png.4cbe25ca578a838aac735c37e36c1aad.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 2

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

After exploring some other blaster secondaries I did notice some changes in ice and electric and I think energy too - power swaps, not expanded sets. Not familiar enough with psychic and darkness to know if they changed. Wonder what this does to mobs that have the old power sets...

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

OK - so i created and tested a mob with these Devices powers, and here is what I learned...

1. For some reason they were cloaked - not sure which power does that.
  2. If I gave them all the Devices powers, they did not use the new powers to attack.
  3. If I gave them they just the new powers, they did not use them either.

So yeah - I guess nothing to see here 🙂

Edited by Ankylosaur

Ah - so then that one works 🙂 - its just trip mine and time bomb that they never used.

Edited by Ankylosaur

One other tiny change I noticed. I am working on an arc that I wanted to use Hopkins from Crey. I would swear he used to be level 32-38 (an infuriatingly narrow range) and is now 32-44. Does he appear in the Freaklok content? 

Edited by Ankylosaur

• 1 month later

One more little thing I stumbled on is that Wyvern now has mobs up to level 44! That's 14 levels higher than it used to!

This is pretty handy for my All That Glitters series.

Note that the AE does not show this in the mob drop-down; it's only when you peek within the mob.

Unrelated to the update, both the Skulls and the Hellions go higher than the level listed in the Mob drop-down too - level 20 instead of 15.

If you ever have the AE throw an error or not let you select them because of level range the work around is to make a custom mob with the characters you want in it. (I had to do that for some level 15 - 20 Hellions).

Also, if you set the mission to the right levels, it may work. For example, Wyvern as a drop down says max 30, but if I put them in a patrol on a mission that caps at 44, they con correctly. (If I put them in a mission at 50 they are gray and maxed out at 44).  

Edited by Ankylosaur