Lost Items in Base

oddrobin

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me retrieve some storage racks I've lost in my base. I can select the two I've lost in the "Current Room" list, but, when selected, I can't find them. They both contain salvage so I can't delete them. This happened because I had forgotten to enable clipping when I tried to move one, and it went...somewhere. Then, a few days later, I moved another one to see if maybe the one I lost was inside it, and that other rack disappeared. Ack! Is there anyway to find these racks without dismantling my base? Thank you!

Umm...well, right after posting this, I was able to locate the racks by going below my base, looking up at it from below, zooming out really far, and then selecting the missing racks via the "Current Room" list. One had sunk below the floor, and the other was across the base stuck in a rock.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later

I don't have a lost item so much but an npc that just appeared and I cant seem to get rid of it. It doesn't show up on the room content list at all. I wouldn't complain but he's standing outside my helo that is in the air. I moved it to make it seem like he's inside it now but still not sure where it came from.

• 3 weeks later

Not sure if you solved this yet, but to select an NPC do the following...  Not my solution, but it works really well.  

1. Zoom in close over the npc you want to select.

2. Select anything like you are going to place it.  It doesn't matter what it is.  You aren't going to place it.

3. Mouse over the npc.

4. Tab until you see the name of your npc.  It works best the fewer items you have in line of sight.

5. Once the npc is in your item window, use your left alt button like you are going to rotate it.  This changes the item to the npc.  (This might not be necessary but it seems to lock it in in my experience...havent tested extensively) No left clicking yet.  At this point you can fine tune it's position, height, or angle using the various positioning chords... or just hit delete and it should evaporate.  

6.  Left clicking will place it.

Rinse and repeat to get it perfect...  Ctrl+z to undo.

@dacy gets the credit for telling me, and I think @onemantankwall found it...  Nonetheless it works great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later