Water Secondaries

Nihil

Hey I'm looking to roll a water blaster and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good second power set for it. I'm leaning towards Ice for thematic reasons but wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions on it or other sets.

If I ever reroll my Water/nin sentinel and I might, it will be Water/ice. It was the first pairing I thought of when thinking of a reroll.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Water/Energy was the last character I made before the shutdown was announced back in the day, and it worked pretty well; Energy kinda has the advantage that, particularly if you ignore the punches and go for the buffs, it syncs up well with just about anything (and some of the punches, especially the tier 1 Power Thrust, feel like they fit in with the theme of "Tidal Force").

...only reason I haven't remade that alt is because I had an awesome costume for her that I never saved, and even though I can't remember exactly how it looked, every time I try to redo it, I'm like, "no, that's not right!"

I enjoyed a Water/Storm Corrupter more, both for thematic reasons and those of synergy.

Water has synergy how so if you do not mind me asking?

If nothing else, Water has an attack/regen power. Since /storm doesn't have a self heal, it can help fill that hole.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm personally not a fan of Blappers so I tend to lean towards Pure ranged Blasters...with that said I gravitate towards /Tactical Arrow and /Devices and sometimes /Energy.  Water Blast leans towards Blapper play though so you can mix it with anything!  If I was blapping I would probably use /Temporal Manipulation since it has a mix of +Recov, +Recharge and cold and psionic powers which will mesh well with the cold damage in Water Blast. 

• 2 weeks later