Super-Friends

Andreah

An idea I have would be for Supergroups to have a friends list, that leaders (or others by permissions) could add other characters to, that would work like a normal friends list, except that all the members of the Supergroup would see the list. It would show name, zone, and online status only.

A bonus point might be to have a separate list of "Adversaries", showing the same. Or a friend-color setting the leader could establish for each character on the Super-Friends list; e.g., blue, white, red. I would see this as mainly being a bonus for roleplay purposes.

I see this as being by character right now, but it could be by global as well, if the target of the Super-Friends request accepted it. In that case, whichever character the global Super-Friend was on would be listed in the Super-Friends list for the group, but only if they were not hidden and were on the same server.

I don't think there's a need to make a list of Supergroups an individual character has by character; there the normal friends list does what I think is needed. However, the normal friends list could, I suppose, get a supergroup column, and show the name of the Supergroup, but I don't think this would be worth the effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An interesting idea.

I generally support any initiative to help facilitate more of and more nuanced forms of player connectivity and interaction.

I particularly like the idea of players getting to opt-in as "Adversaries" to certain Groups.  The roleplay potential is terrific!   However, I do worry that it would need to be implemented very carefully to ensure it's not used as a "blacklist" to single-out and ostracise targeted players.