RE: Mighty Leap/Takeoff

Starhammer

So I finally got around to trying out Mighty Leap & Takeoff. I'm frustrated.

Mighty Leap, as basically a copy/paste of Super Jump... well there's nothing wrong with it, except that it's just a copy/paste of Super Jump. That's fine if you need it to build a Jedi/Anime Psychic Ninja and don't want to dip into the Leaping Pool also, though I can't imagine not wanting Combat Jumping for such a concept (or any character really).

I understand, that as a freebie attached to Mighty Leap (with no corresponding benefit on Super Jump), Takeoff can't be too useful/impressive without upsetting balance. But at least for me, more than just a bonus power, this is something I have to work into the relatively complex keybinds of my attack chain as controlled from a joystick. I'd like it to be a little more useful than it is for that. The Jump Speed buff seems unnecessary at least. Making [CTRL+C]Super Jump just a smidge faster for a few seconds every couple minutes doesn't seem like it would have been worth the time it takes to write this feedback, much less the time it took to program it. And the PBAoE knockdown would be awesome. I'd probably have invested a whole power selection just on that. In fact, I'd rather invest a whole power selection just on that, because then it would have to be useful on it's own instead of a Mighty Leap accessory, and have a more viable recharge rate, like 16, or even 20 seconds. And I could enhance that. More recharge, maybe a proc or something.  As it is though, with a 2 minute cooldown, it's a neat gimmick that doesn't come into play often enough to justify the effort of using it 😞

So, I'm sure my satisfaction isn't a priority or anything. You folks are putting out some great work, and I know it's a bit selfish not to just be happy with whatever I'm given. Not like I couldn't be happy without the entire pool on other builds. But I imagine there's others who feel as I do, and would like to see a little more oomph out of this. Maybe if someone finds the time, we could try cutting the recharge down to 30 seconds in the next Beta? I can't see that shaking up the balance too much... It's probably scads more complex, but maybe an idea to let Mighty Leap take -Recharge enhancements that affect the Takeoff portion, or KB relevant procs?

I'd love to love this pool. It seems like it should have so much potential, but in practice, it just feels like it can't hold up against staples like Leaping, Fighting, Leadership, Medicine...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, and keep up the great work.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:53 AM, Starhammer said:

So I finally got around to trying out Mighty Leap & Takeoff. I'm frustrated.

Mighty Leap, as basically a copy/paste of Super Jump... well there's nothing wrong with it, except that it's just a copy/paste of Super Jump. That's fine if you need it to build a Jedi/Anime Psychic Ninja and don't want to dip into the Leaping Pool also, though I can't imagine not wanting Combat Jumping for such a concept (or any character really).

I understand, that as a freebie attached to Mighty Leap (with no corresponding benefit on Super Jump), Takeoff can't be too useful/impressive without upsetting balance. But at least for me, more than just a bonus power, this is something I have to work into the relatively complex keybinds of my attack chain as controlled from a joystick. I'd like it to be a little more useful than it is for that. The Jump Speed buff seems unnecessary at least. Making [CTRL+C]Super Jump just a smidge faster for a few seconds every couple minutes doesn't seem like it would have been worth the time it takes to write this feedback, much less the time it took to program it. And the PBAoE knockdown would be awesome. I'd probably have invested a whole power selection just on that. In fact, I'd rather invest a whole power selection just on that, because then it would have to be useful on it's own instead of a Mighty Leap accessory, and have a more viable recharge rate, like 16, or even 20 seconds. And I could enhance that. More recharge, maybe a proc or something.  As it is though, with a 2 minute cooldown, it's a neat gimmick that doesn't come into play often enough to justify the effort of using it 😞

So, I'm sure my satisfaction isn't a priority or anything. You folks are putting out some great work, and I know it's a bit selfish not to just be happy with whatever I'm given. Not like I couldn't be happy without the entire pool on other builds. But I imagine there's others who feel as I do, and would like to see a little more oomph out of this. Maybe if someone finds the time, we could try cutting the recharge down to 30 seconds in the next Beta? I can't see that shaking up the balance too much... It's probably scads more complex, but maybe an idea to let Mighty Leap take -Recharge enhancements that affect the Takeoff portion, or KB relevant procs?

I'd love to love this pool. It seems like it should have so much potential, but in practice, it just feels like it can't hold up against staples like Leaping, Fighting, Leadership, Medicine...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, and keep up the great work.

Well, I think the idea is that this power is a little faster than what we already have. As the "mystical flight" is for normal flight. I don't know if it is possible to implement as many travel power options as they did in Champions Online.

Right now, after activating Takeoff, your Jump Speed continues to retain the buff, but not Jump Height.  (sidenote, it apparently also buffs MAX jump speed, as even my blue-numbered jump speed is going up when I activate Takeoff).

I would like to see Takeoff's bonuses retained even while Mighty Leap is not active, essentially a "Combat Jumping maneuverability" bonus, and given better up-time.  I would even see a hit to Mighty Leap's overall numbers to pay for it.  

Example: -10% to Mighty Leap's numbers, but improve Takeoff duration (30s -> 60s) or reduce cooldown (2m > 90s), let Takeoff's +jump height (or a portion of it) be retained while Mighty Leap isn't slurping stamina.