Chat Channels

ACFU

I have pretty much the same question.  If I remember correctly there was a 'Task Force' channel on live?  I haven't been able to find it, or anything similar yet.  LFG is cool, but I'd like if there was a channel with a bit lower signal to noise ratio about just TF's.  I've been running a lot since my game come back, more than I ran on live in a similar time frame.

You do need to be invited OR know the name, assuming they’re not private only.  I know we have a few on Excelsior, some of which I’m even part of.  In our case, on Excelsior at least, people have posted at least some of them in our Shard-relevant forum here.

To search for public chat channels;  right click on a chat window and select channel search from the popup.  That will bring up a window for searching.  When you click on a channel in that window, you will have an option to join.

You can edit your chat windows by right clicking and selecting "edit tab".  There, you can add or remove channels as you like.

You can also create chat tabs in your chat windows, to separate various channels.  Again, it is in the popup when you right click on the chat window.

In my upper chat box I have Global (default), Broadcast, Request/Auction and a second tab labeled 'Silence' (for times when I want no distractions)

In the lower chat box I have Team (default), Local, Private Messages, Supergroup and Coalition.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!