The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Passing Base Code to Powers Within a Macro

Voidmoji

I've searched high 'n' low for the answer to this, but to no avail.

Is there a way to create a macro for powers such as Monitor Duty Teleport or the P2W power Base Transporter that passes the base code? These powers lose some utility when you have to enter the code manually after using them, as I don't recall the actual code (using a public base).

Thanks!

Not exactly, but you could do something like:

/macro LRT "powexecname long range teleport$$enterbasefrompasscode yourpassword-69420"

which would activate LRT on the first click and enter your passcode on the second click, provided you wait until the power activates to press a second time. For the powers which summon a portal, you would modify it slightly to summon the portal at your own feet:

/macro baseTP "powexeclocation me rapid response portal$$enterbasefrompasscode yourpassword-69420"

Despite all that it may be easier to use the existing fast travel popmenu since you can bind that to a key, use keyboard shortcuts to pick the power you want to activate, and then use a different bind for the enterbasefrompasscode command so it would require zero actual clicking.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I activate mine and use macros I have in a customwindow that have the enterbasefrompasscode codes. So it's still 2 clicks but I don't have to remember the codes.

Edited by Nerio72
@Voidmoji figured it out before I finished typing... damn, foiled again!

Yes, I have a base entry code for my own base, just for speed and simplicity, and clicking the macro after calling up or reaching any portal is pretty trivial. Faster than even clicking the "Enter your own base" item on screen.

And I keep the Fast Travel icon and the broken-out transporter icons in a tear-off tray not for access (since the FT collector power does that fine) but to keep track of recharge/availability.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com