Field operative

Brutal Justice

Devices is probably my favorite secondary but the last time I played one was when field operative was cloaking device. I usually skipped the power because I like to be able to see the costume I spent a ton of time designing. Since the changes, field operative looks like a must pick power. Is there any way to not be invisible, or lessen the effect, with the power active?  If not, how much does it actually obscure your costume?

Thanks

Guardian survivor

Graphically it is the same as it used to be. You can see the costume, but its super transparent, like it used to be. From what I understand of it, it is a must take. Every blaster has a 'sustain' power with helps with regen and recovery so your health and stam come back faster. It not longer COSTS stamina and you are pretty invisible. It also has +def (i don't remember if it did), but its 2.x%. I'm not sure if that's worth slotting for and I haven't seen any numbers

As Gun Powder states: You do not not-take Field Operative if you are /Devices. It is important to the point of "pick a different set entirely, but not Ninja since it also has such a cloak" if you really MUST be able to watch your costume while in or approaching combat conditions, since far as I know there's no way to cancel out that effect without also turning the power off.

The defense is not really worth slotting for numerically in any focused fashion but it does open up the ability to stick a defense IO global in there, two-piece with that +def at most. Might get you up to like 2.3% or so. It also won't crash if you run low, having no endurance cost. More wouldn't be all that good since the recharge and endurance parts on IO sets will not really do anything for it at all, and there's a more important part to your Sustain:

Overall sustains are better slotted with heal/absorb and end-mod: It's a more powerful source of +Regen than Health is even if only half of it's enhanceable, so it's not a bad deal at all to - even if you don't bring it to ED levels - stick two heals and endmod's worth in there. If you'd otherwise want to three-slot health and stamina, ratchet both back down to 2 and put the slots in your sustain.