plant/nature issue

wjrasmussen

Just started a plant/nature controller. Love the immobilization and damage it brings.  Then I got a choice of a hold which will be broken if they take damage.  It seems to be a conflict with two of my previous skills and damage causing skills.  Not sure about it.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

6 minutes ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

The control you are talking about is called a Sleep. As you identified, sleeps break on damage. Unless you need the set bonuses you can skip Spore Bursts (TAoE Sleep)  on a Plant/NA.

That's what I did, but I was wondering how other people handled it.  Thanks.

Btw, loving this character so far at only level 8.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

You may want to pick up the sleep later on as an emergency stopgap.  It will let you control adds that aren't in your debuff aura until your seeds of confusion recharges.  Honestly I mostly use the AOE hold for this, but sometimes one more control can calm things down enough for you to turn a wipe into a win.  I wouldn't put more than a couple slots into it unless you are looking for the set bonuses.  When you get entangling aura you can often just jump into the middle of an uncontrolled set of adds and hold them with that, so really after 35, you will probably never use the sleep at all.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, wjrasmussen said:

That's what I did, but I was wondering how other people handled it.  Thanks.

Btw, loving this character so far at only level 8.

You have a lot of good times ahead. I have my own at Incarnate, over of my favorite characters

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I can sometimes find uses for sleeps on some sets, but it seems particularly not useful on plant.  You eventually get (and will at least close to perma) Carrion creepers.  Creepers will wake everything up pretty quick anyway and it isn't like you can tell them not to attack sleeping ones (or that you'd want to).

Ironic that plant's sleep is one of the nicer ones.  Ice control's sleep can be useful for that set and yet it unfortunately has twice the recharge of plant's sleep (90s vs 45s).  Poor ice control loses again.