Stalker build help/tips please!!!

ScottGrim

Hi everyone I’m returning to my long lost Coh and have to refigure out my stalker and builds,

I’m very lost which sets( as I’m stuck on the fence with two) I would like to get to 50 ASAP as my enjoyment was end game content :)

The two stalker builds are this:

street justice and energy

Psionic Melee and energy

I’m looking for which hits harder, flows the best ( not doing three hits and out of end) best for

End game and soloing, and again hits very hard ( I had a stj and sr back in the day and I remembered it hitting very hard) thank you all again for all your help and input ( if you have build ideas please share and do not worry about budget, I want to make this the best of the best so I’m willing to spend any amount.

SJ/SR Or SJ/Elec. OR if you just want to obliterate single targets, EM/SR or EM/Elec

SR Or elec secondary can both skip travel powers (Sprint, swift, quickness/lightning reflex Slotted for max run bonus) and get an inherent recharge bonus (+20% means more DPS) and therefore have the most "Extra room" in their builds since fitness is inherent now.

Energy aura is OK, SR is significantly better at not dying (Positional defense works on all types of damage, rather than having defense to types of damage) Elec is good if you plan on teaming or essentially tanking content, but can still be built into an unholy monster since it has an end drain and heal.

Psi melee is....Psi melee, it's got some good stuff and a good damage type, but so many other sets own it in raw DPS (Nin blade, broadsword, energy melee, SJ, fire.....) it feels more like a dominator or blaster secondary than a stalker primary.

Overall, Energy aura is good with kinetic melee just for the looks, but if you're going for min/max type nuking it's not the best option

If you want a really cool looking stalker that has a "Flow" to it's combos? Fire Melee/Super Reflexes and set all the swords to the greater fire sword. You pop out by lazoring a guy in the back, do a broadsword AOE Combo (GFSword -> Fsword -> FSwordCircle) and then exhale a line of murder. SR gives you the movement speed all the time paired with +rech which makes Fire even scarier since it gets 2 AOE attacks and with the recharge, you can stack some of fires longer lasting DOT Effects so if you get hit, you can jump away and still be doing damage

End of the day, all your choice, there's almost no "Bad" stalker build, since they all get on-demand crits.

Ok I’ll go with street justice and super reflexes, any suggestions on a build? I started to make one on mids but I want to go all out I don’t care how much the build is, so I’m not making a budget build, I’m going all out I just want it do asmuch dps and hit as hard as I can while still having good survival

Any help would be much appreciated

Nooo! I missed this post.

Who cares about "raw" damage numbers for Psi-Blade. The set is hella fun. It has so much mitigation it's sick: you get TK Blow to knock up and juggle things, you get Boggle to make enemies hit their friends, and you get Mass Levitate to juggle a bunch of things. Plus if you trigger the Insight mechanic, Greater Psi Blade might as well be called "Total Focus but cosplaying as Psylocke." It's an absolute beast it's like having 2 AS's to fire off. Dunno how it synergizes with energy aura though I'm playing willpower.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I agree Psi is way more fun and cool looking and sounding than StJ, if you look at the damage sheet for single target it's only about 10% less than stj for single target DPS, and that's without adding in the insight boost or any damage that confused mobs do, which may put it #1.  Or the fact those confused mobs aren't attacking you or your team either for some good damage and/or effect mitigation.

However it's got endgame issues with some mobs heavily resisting psi (50%), even if a small part of the damage is smashing or lethal, I still seem to only do slivers of damage against robots and carnie bosses to the point where I can't kill them period - which is a huge problem if you're soloing.  Since it's a small portion of smashing/lethal, you don't get to exploit psi holes in defense either, which means it's loose-loose.  Of course if you're teaming just let someone else handle those targets that are heavily psi resistant - unfortunately those are oft the mobs you really want dead first, which is your job as a stalker, which you then can't do. 

StJ is all smashing/lethal so it's going to be resisted more commonly, but not as much as psi is when it's resisted, so it should still be able to put out damage if a bit slower against resistant targets. 

You can't have insight while you're hidden (it fades) so you can't take full advantage of GPB+Insight unless you placate which will probably slow things down more than it's worth (not sure have to test)  or if you have the hide proc. Insight is also pretty random and I find it hard to keep track of both it and focus.  I still haven't been able to figure out or find what's causing 'insight lockout' either, which prevents you from getting insight.  One other psi stalker I was talking to just doesn't even pay attention to insight, just does his attack order and if insight happens to be up when he uses GPB or MS great.