Anyone play with the new Stun mechanic in Energy Manipulation?

Flat Line

Anyone play with the new Stun mechanic in Energy Manipulation?

The latest update has Boost Power, and Boost Range affect the way Stun works.

Wondering if this makes stun a better power?

Making it ranged and a group control could be good. Maybe with a Macro to make it a one click?

Has anyone had success with it?

• 4 weeks later

I tried it...once, its too clicky for me and the recharge ends up making it essentially one aoe stun every 15 mobs or so on fast moving teams. Useful solo maybe but you give up quite a bit to fit in all the fun powers and then power boost and boost range on top of that means sacrificing more useful stuff so it got dropped on my dp/nrg. With a primary like fire where you only need to take a few powers i could see it working maybe or if your hover blasting. Like everything in the game someone somewhere will be using it and loving it. As to the macro i've no idea how you'd fit in the 3 clicks at once and you'd be stuck in all 3 animations too, not good on squishies, better off hitting pb-br as your on the move before hitting the aoe stun.

I pulled my 50+3 T4’d Fire/Energy blaster out of mothballs and tried it.  Stun was always situational and remains pretty much just as situational now as ever.  I’ve usually had it in my build, and indeed this same toon was a makeover of my main Fire/Energy from back during Live days.  But it’s not a whole lot better now than it was.

As Meknomancer stated, solo it can play a purpose, especially if you are selectively pulling critters out of a spawn.  But on teams, a well-built Blaster shouldn’t be worried about stunning anything.  Your job is to kill it and tick off the controller who now has little value to the team.  I kid, I kid...but not really.

Why stun when you can eliminate?

Edited by Crysis
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys,

I was having a hard time figuring out how to add it to a build to try it.

Being too clicky is a big issue for me. I ended up completely rebuilding my Eng/Eng blaster. He was very strong, but constantly trying to keep up with all the clicks was frustrating in the long run.