Beast Mastery MM Dire Wolf Damage Enhancements bugged?

Steeves

Hi,

Sorry if there's a topic for this already but my search game was too weak to find it.

Damage enhancements are not scaling the way I'd expect for the Dire Wolf in Beast Mastery. As I hope you can clearly see in the attachments, I have exactly the same IOs slotted in Lions as in Dire Wolf, and it it producing a very different result.

As I hope you can see in the attachment, Dire Wolf is getting 62.7% more damage from 3x level 30 IOs while my Lions, having the same level and number of IOs slotted is getting 95.7%.

You'll have to trust me when I say that the same IOs are producing different results. Lions get 95.7% and Dire Wolf gets 62.7%.

I only noticed this when a player sent me a tell asking if I had this problem, too, and he'd been asked by GMs to confirm his experience with other players, so I assume greater minds are already at work and won't dig too deep unless required.

Thanks very much!

• Like 2

• 5 months later

Had to do a search to find this.  Yes, just noticed the same thing.   Still not fixed and a pretty big nerf to Beast MM damage.   Seems that damage enhancements in Dire Wolf are on the ED scale for damage resistance.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

This is just a display issue and it happens with other henchmen that can be slotted for damage and damage resistance (like the Ember Demon). The pet's actual powers should function at the correct value.

• Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

On 11/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, Trickshooter said:

This is just a display issue and it happens with other henchmen that can be slotted for damage and damage resistance (like the Ember Demon). The pet's actual powers should function at the correct value.

Thanks, someone else tested and confirmed that is correct.  So, still a bug, but a very minor display one instead of the 30% or so damage nerf I was afraid was happening.  That is good to hear as I love my pet beasts. 

Course the easiest fix for the display bug would be to just disallow resist slotting in Dire as the only resist power it has (Will of the Wild) is flagged as "ignores buffs and enhancements" so they do nothing anyway.  Not sure if anyone would be upset because they are using that as a mule for anything (maybe the +3 def IO's?), but that seems like a bad use for a pet power.