Permadom is addicting....

tjknight

I haven't really played a permadom since running my old Fire/Psi on the live servers. I forgot how much fun and addicting permadom is.. My Elec/Psi feels like a buzzsaw now that I have him permadomed. The thing about CoX is the unique AT's like dominators that other games just don't have. There is really is nothing even close to the control and power of the Dominator AT outside of the CoX games universe.  Other games really minimize the impact of crowd control and it's my favorite game mechanic. Just excited to play a dominator again... I truly forgot how much I liked it. 

Edited by tjknight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tjknight said:

I haven't really played a permadom since running my old Fire/Psi on the live servers. I forgot how much fun and addicting permadom is.. My Elec/Psi feels like a buzzsaw now that I have him permadomed. The thing about CoX is the unique AT's like dominators that other games just don't have. There is really is nothing even close to the control and power of the Dominator AT outside of the CoX games universe.  Other games really minimize the impact of crowd control and it's my favorite game mechanic. Just excited to play a dominator again... I truly forgot how much I liked it. 

Wait until you realize how much survivability is now afforded you through the Origin Pools with their shields that we didn't have on live.   Pair Rune of Protection or Unleash Potential with a permadom, poor heroes...

On 2/9/2021 at 7:27 PM, Mezmera said:

Wait until you realize how much survivability is now afforded you through the Origin Pools with their shields that we didn't have on live.   Pair Rune of Protection or Unleash Potential with a permadom, poor heroes...

o.O wow.. I never thought of that. 

Yeah dominator is my second favorite archetype. I have a plant/thorns that's an aoe powerhouse and seeds with the contagious confusion proc feels op sometimes. Toss in carrion creepers, sleet, fling thorns, and thorn burst and things melt.

But my main dominator is mind/rad, and with the recharge I have the holds unmatched imo and rad has very high procd single target damage. Most ppl may not like cones but electron haze with range set bonuses and fusion can hit very hard and spread contamination against mobs that are pretty close together. 

I hope dominator can get sonic assault sometime in the future.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 12:27 AM, Mezmera said:

I havent really looked at Unleash Potential - whats the rech like? I assume, like RoP, you can't get it perma?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

2 hours ago, Xiddo said:

I havent really looked at Unleash Potential - whats the rech like? I assume, like RoP, you can't get it perma?

Not even close, the recharge is 600 like RoP but the duration is only 90 seconds instead of 60. So you can get RoP up about 50% of the time, but UP only about 1/3 of the time.

12 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Yeah it's a longer recharge just like RoP but UP lasts for 1 minute as opposed to 1:30, the nice thing about UP is that another benefit is that it gives +recovery.  No it'll likely be extremely difficult to get it perma but I've got mine down to 2:20 recharge so it's only down every 1:20 which I like to alternate in the incarnate Barrier which that 1st minute of boosts cap my defenses all the same. 

6 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Yeah it's a longer recharge just like RoP but UP lasts for 1 minute as opposed to 1:30, the nice thing about UP is that another benefit is that it gives +recovery.  No it'll likely be extremely difficult to get it perma but I've got mine down to 2:20 recharge so it's only down every 1:20 which I like to alternate in the incarnate Barrier which that 1st minute of boosts cap my defenses all the same. 

At the risk of going off topic... Still not sure I'd know when to use it. The powers do look quite good, in general, but I dont think it'll be for my dom. Thinking more tank/brute? Where as the sorc pool feels more squish based.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

1 hour ago, Xiddo said:

At the risk of going off topic... Still not sure I'd know when to use it. The powers do look quite good, in general, but I dont think it'll be for my dom. Thinking more tank/brute? Where as the sorc pool feels more squish based.

You use it as you're jumping into the danger as it's available to use.  Being able to cap defenses for a minute every other minute is quite a thing especially on a squishy, then like I said alternate in Barrrier once UP wears off and you're running around with capped defenses at almost all times.  You can also get resists to pair with these defenses from the epic shields and bonuses.  Tanks and brutes have access to pretty high defenses so I don't feel a need to take it on my tank but my stalkers sure I take one of these Origin powers depending which will round them out best.

Edited by Mezmera

Hmm maybe I'll have a look. My Plant/psi does pretty well without either and its already quite tight on slots etc. So we'll see. 
Do you have the def % to hand? I'm on the work laptop atm.

40 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

Hmm maybe I'll have a look. My Plant/psi does pretty well without either and its already quite tight on slots etc. So we'll see. 
Do you have the def % to hand? I'm on the work laptop atm.

I have the Agility alpha slotted so the defense value enhanced is overslotted to like 70%.  Without using powerboost I get about 21% defense to all positional and elemental values when I use UP.