Duo Playground: An Exercise of Restriction [HELP]

Tridious

Thanks for stopping in!  It's been a long time since I've played and having limited time available at the moment, so I am asking for some feedback! I played from I3 till death but was nothing but a teenager/young adult and lacked the discipline to really dig my fingers into the numbers and specific usefulness of different power sets and how they play with others.

I managed to get a buddy of mine to plan a Duo character.  He will be playing Brute/Scrapper/Tanker (most likely Brute, for ease of play).

I'll be playing a Corruptor and I want to put down a list of the powersets I haven't gotten to play with and see if anyone would be willing to offer up any advice for:

1.) Complimentary between primary and secondary sets

2.) Support of a Brute

Thank you so much for taking the time!

Primary:

Assault Rifle

Beam Rifle

Psychic Blast

Radiation Blast

Sonic Attack

Water Blast

Secondary:

Cold Dom.

Dark Miasma

Nature Affinity

Pain Domination

Poison

Radiation Emission

Sonic Resonance

Storm Summoning

Thermal Radiation

Time Manipulation

Sonic Attack would pair well with a Brute because it increases the effective damage that the Brute does. Water Blast should be good fun and has more personal AoE, which can be nice depending on what sets your friend decides on. You could try to pick different elemental types for your attacks so that you don't both blunder into some specific enemy with hilarious resistances to that one type.

As for the secondary, well... Dark Miasma, Radiation Emission and Time Manipulation are all very strong sets and I believe they all have enough -regen to let you tackle AVs. Cold Domination has got a decent mix of buffs and debuffs as well, tho how much you will like the +def shields could depend on the Brute's armour set and they can eventually end up superflous due to how much defence everyone can ultimately get. Poison is brutal for single-target debuffs but the set is a late bloomer.

The rest range from good to ok and the only one I would caution against is Storm Summoning because the set doesn't really synergise with the sort of slugfests a Brute needs and requires special enhancements to in fact not directly counter that playstyle.

It really depends on what your friends Brute is playing with. You might want to plan for a synergy between your powersets as well as your ATs. For example, if he has a Resistance based Brute, you could layer on Defense buffs. Or vice-versa.

But a good combo sounds like Sonic/Radiation or Rad/Sonic. You could debuff resistance and defense at the same time. Your friend will feel like a god as he easily hits and destroys enemies. If you go Sonic/Rad, you'll have more debuff options, but Rad/Sonic lets you put your debuff toggle on your friend so enemies get aggroed to him, not you.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png