PSi Melee Looking for Input/Ideas

Warboss

Hi all, I working on my level 50 Ice/PSi Tank, and I have to say that the ride to 50 wasn't the most fun I've ever had. That said, can I get some input on PSi Melee? What's skippable, what's necessary, what slotting have you used and what do you like most (tricks are also welcome).

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Psi blade sweep, greater psi blade and mass levitate are the essentails.

Boggle is only good if you slot the proc from coercive persuasion to give it the chance of being an aoe.

Mass levitate's damage is dissapointing but if you get the recharge down its worth the pick.

Hi MrAxe (great name),

Thanks for the input. Have you tried procing in Mass Levitation or PSi Blade Sweep? I was wondering if it was worth it.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

My name's from my old main (Ice/Axe). 🙂

Mass levitate is worth it. I have the might of the tanker proc for the +res and it fires 9/10 due to how many targets you can hit. With enough recharge you can keep that buff up consistantly. Psi blade sweep's chance for disorient doesn't seem that high, so I do like to have a proc in that, too. The proc for knockdown from avalanche works well but get the superior version to increase the chance of it firing. I can't be certain but I wouldn't go with a proc lower than 3.5 ppm on psi blade sweep. I don't think it would work often enough to be worth it.

Edited by MrAxe
More info.

Great input, thanks for the info. After looking things over, I think I need to give PSi Melee a try with a different armor set... Too many powers needed from IA, and too many interesting attacks to try from PSi Melee. I've tried Boggle and wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll try the proc in there, but the whole concept of confusing foes doesn't seem very "Tanky" to me. On the latest Mids, I dropped Boggle and took everything else. I've got a better build planned out. So, I'll do the respec and see what I think.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

• 2 weeks later

@Warboss, you said the journey to 50 wasn't the most fun you've had...is that due to Ice Armor, or Psi Melee?

I have an Ice Armor/Electric tank, and it's pretty darn stout. I've not played Psi Melee, so I was wondering what your thoughts (and anyone else that wants to chime in) on Psi are.

23 hours ago, Xandyr said:

@Warboss, you said the journey to 50 wasn't the most fun you've had...is that due to Ice Armor, or Psi Melee?

I have an Ice Armor/Electric tank, and it's pretty darn stout. I've not played Psi Melee, so I was wondering what your thoughts (and anyone else that wants to chime in) on Psi are.

My experience with Ice Armor (IA) is that while leveling your defenses aren't high enough to stand in fights for prolonged periods of time and until you get Energy Absorption, life in combat is kind of a drag (low End, decent but not high Def, so-so damage (from PSi Melee (PSiM))), so a good pairing with your secondary is critical. For me PSiM was not that impressive of a match with IA (or any of the other sets I've matched it with (Radiation Armor, and Dark Armor, I think...)). I will allow that I'm partial to Fiery Melee, so by default that becomes my metric to compare everything against. Imo FM > PsiM. I'm not sure if I've leveled a Ice/Electric... probably on live, but I don't think I've tried it here. Oddly enough, the most fun I've had with IA has been with Spines. I think Savage Melee might be interesting too and the revamped Energy Melee looks promising as well.

There used to be a chart that showed the damage analysis of all the secondaries, I haven't seen it in a while, but I think FM was around the middle of the pack (maybe just above). And to me PSiM is well below FM (just to give an off the cuff scaling).

So, I guess the direct answer to your question is PsiM, but the pairing with IA didn't help.

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable