Leviathan 3 open for testing [ID: 38728]

cranebump

First draft of last of the "Hollow" arcs is done. Feedback welcome.

image.png.8955f3a0b9b7bf1ee74f424e1a7a5140.png

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• cranebump changed the title to Leviathan 3 open for testing [ID: 38728]

Looking for something closer to home, Kyksie recently took a job as night watchperson at M.C. Louis Investments, at their Talos Island office. To pass the long nights, she practices katas, nibbles the occasional cannabis edible, and most of all, listens to NewsAnon, hosted by Tucker Hannity.

"Those Rogue Isles liberals! Coming in here and taking our jobs, going on welfare, cutting in line at El Super Mexicano! Where would we be be without the Blasters, Tanks and Scrappers who patrol our streets tirelessly, keeping those libs locked up! And lets all thank our Defenders and Controllers too, they're all great! Except Warshades. Darn alien lobsters..."

Kyksie nibbles her brownie and grins, turning up the podcast. Where would we be without Hannity and Newsanon to keep us informed? Near the end of her shift, Detective Frietag calls, informing her that their contact "Comrade" is willing to talk.

1) After a quick stop at Major Flanders, Kyksie heads for (wait for it) a warehouse, meets up with Hollow Point, then rmeets up with Comrade. The mobs are a custom group, with bios and varied powers, with names like "Shickljaeger" and "Kegelbreaker". We rescue Comrade, but then a massive ambush of Kegels show up and kill him. After completing the arc, I tried again with a top level Spider and he was still killed; I tried yet again with a tank, and was able to keep Comrade alive by spamming taunts... but then he was killed in dialog. Those damn liberals!

2) Comrade had been looking into Doc Buzzsaw, so after catching the latest Newsanon broadcast, Kyksie and Hollow Point infiltrate her lab, hack some computers, and kick the Doc in the box a few times. Hmmm, she's been working with Crey?

3) Into a Crey base, where Kyksie finds evidence suggesting that they might possibly be doing things that aren't quite legal.

4) Kyksie goes into an office and plants a bug or something, and also eats all the leftover City of Gyros in the fridge. Kicking people burns calories.

5) The bug picks up a conversation between an unknown party and... Tucker Hannity!! Overjoyed at the chance to meet her hero, Kyksie dashes into the office, and runs into Hollow Point once again. After a hasty explanation, they head through a hole in the floor into the sewers, kick more badguys and rescue Hannity.

"You're my idol!" Kyksie squeals. "OMG I never miss a NewsAnon. You guys are awesome!"

"Thanks," Tucker smiles. "I loved you on the Incredible Man Power Hour! I even saw that episode where..." his eyes briefly travel downward.

"Uh..." Kyksie shifts uncomfortably, "yeeeeah. Let's... uh... head out."

Hollow Point managed to sneak away, and the mysterious Leviathan is still out there, but the day has been saved, for now at least. Just like absolutely every other arc by this author, Leviathan is a top notch arc, with great writing, compelling characters tons of clues, custom mobs, and no time wasters.

At this point, I'd like to make a request. Much as I enjoy reviewing all the great arcs being put out by the talented AE writers here, there's been a serious shortage of terrible arcs the past few months. Lavishing praise just isn't as much fun as heaping sarcasm on some slob's arc where every third word is misspelled and the contact is clearly the author's ego-stroke. All you terrible, terrible AE authors-you know who you are- waddle back to the keyboard and start churning out crap for me to dump on.

RATING:

Edited by Kyksie

Thanks, Kyks. Always a pleasure to read your reviews (even when I screw up, which is often).:-)

P.S. Got my ass kicked on Comrade rescue, too. Like multiple times. With different toons. Only my incarnate managed it, because that ambush is always right there.  After awhile, I just thought, "okay...considering what happens if you rescue him, I'll just slather on the butt cream and leave it." I think @Darmian somehow got out unscathed, but he's studly like that.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.