New Badges

Icecomet

Hello devs, let's be honest, people LOVE badges (me included) and I had a few ideas for new badges and I was directed from discord to post them here, so, here it is:

1. Defeats:  First and foremost a "defeat" badge for defeating all the various AV's (or Hero's) in game.  While I know there are many, it's still an achievement for  your character to have taken part in defeating the AV/Hero.  Can be associated with an already defined and not live badge in point #2 below.
  2. Associate the badges that were never implemented.  I am sure there are more I don't know about, BUT, the ones I do know about and what details I know about are as follows:
    • Accolade: Iron Man/Woman (Undefined) (+10% Max HP, +10% Max End)
      • So many possibilities of what to do to tie into this one!
    • Accomplishment: SG Mission Computer (Base Mission Computer) (Undefined)
      • This could still be neat to have in base instead of having to earn the AE computer on every toon.
    • Defeat: Street Crime (Undefined, defeat 1000 of all street gangs, all outdoor)
      • I am reaching far back into live on this one, but I had notes here on my live tracker that this was supposed to be like 1000 of all the various street gangs (Hellions, Skulls, Vahzilok, 5th column, Family, Tsoo, etc). 
    • Accolade: Super Patriot (Undefined) (+5% Max Endurance)
      • This one would need to also have an alternate for villains, like "Super Villain" and could easily be associated with say the AV or Hero badge I mentioned in point #1.  So, as a hero, if I defeat all the AV's on the list,  you get Super Patriot or as a villain if you defeat all the Hero's you can achieve Super Villain, so on and so forth.
  3. Veteran Badges:  I know that technically, there is no end to these because folks can keep leveling, but 33 in this category is still kind of a low amount.  You could keep the names simple and just continue with Overpowered and make the next one Overpowered 2, Overpowered 3, etc.  In addition to adding more of these, I think some empyrean merits should also still be in order.  I had suggested previously that starting at 105 you aware 1 empyrean merit for every 5 levels.  This would at least keep it from being as many as what was previously given but also provide incentive of some sort beyond just a badge.  Also and lastly, you can mark these badges beyond the Vet Level 99 one to NOT count toward the badge total (just like Bug Hunter and Flames of Prometheus) but merely symbolic to show the accumulation.  We don't want the total badge count to be unachievable by the masses.  These would need to be retroactively awarded if implemented.
  4. Achievement - Souvenir Badges:  Currently, we have badges for 10, 25, 50, 100 and 200.  I submit that we need a 150, 250, 300 and 350 (at least).  I know I am personally up to 261 and I am nowhere done with arcs as I am personally aware of 368 and I find new ones every week.  These would need to be retroactively awarded if implemented.
  5. Achievement - Interaction Badges:  Interaction badges are earned by interacting with objects (i.e. 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 objects) interacted with in game (bombs, computers, etc).  Any objective that requires you to click it to disable or collect it.  Easily earned by simply doing missions.  This could be associated as the SG Mission Computer above in point #2.  If possible, these would need to be retroactively awarded if implemented to save folks like me that have done the lion share of missions already from having to repeat so many missions for work we've already done.
  6. Achievement - Incarnate Trials:  These would be badges for completing 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 incarnate trials.  People love doing these trials as they're end game content, so why not have badges for completing amounts of them?  This should also be data mined and and retroactively awarded to be fair.
  7. Wentworths:  These can easily be expanded to 8000, 9000 and 10,000 badges for general selling, quite easily achievable.  Also, increase the badges for selling recipes, inspirations, enhancements and salvage by adding 100, 200 and 500, again, quite easily achievable.
  8. Exploration - Khalisti Wharf:  While not necessary for the LRT power, expand this to be 8 badges to be consistent and add the accolade for it.
  9. Exploration - Cimerora: Again, same as point #8, not necessary for LRT but nice to be consistent.
  10. Exploration - Pocket D :  Again, same as point #8, not necessary for LRT but nice to be consistent.
  11. Souvenirs Tab:  While not necessarily badges, we need a souvenirs TAB added to our character info to display all the souvenirs that we've earned.  Additionally, we need to associate actual graphical icons to the souvenirs which was something that NCSoft never got around to doing.  I have personally volunteered to hunt down and provide graphical icons for reach souvenir to the dev team, you'd simply need to put it into the game.  I only require that the dev team provide me with a COMPLETE in game list of all possible souvenirs so I can make the list complete.  This is pretty straight forwarded, my idea is that if that arc already has a badge, you use the same icon for the souvenir.  Another nice to have would be a command in game like /souvenirdump in game that will dump a .txt file of all the souvenirs that a given toon has earned.
  12. Badge dump:  Again, this isn't a new badge implementation, however, I'd like a command like /badgedump in game that will dump a .txt file by category of all the badges that a given toon has already earned.  Sometimes my count is off and hovering over each icon one at a time and cross referencing to my checksheet is tedious at best.
  13. Lastly, with all the badges listed above, you might need to add a 1,750 total badge collected badge because we are starting from a 1,547 baseline and I think you could easily get these to 1,750.
  14. Defeats - Snipers: Offer a defeats badge for 100 sniper class NPC's.  Call it "One shot, One kill"     😄

That's all for now, I apologize for the lengthy message, but I was asked to port it all here.

Best regards,

Edited by Icecomet
Corrected typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

If you're going to add new defeat badges, add one for Snipers; there's as much justification for them as there is for the Nemesis Jaegers and Warhulks, they're multi-faction (Nemesis Comets and Tirailleurs, Crey Sharpshooters), they're annoying (tooling across the zone, and *zap* some sniper shoots you), and they're common enough to make getting the badge viable with a little work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

If you're going to add new defeat badges, add one for Snipers; there's as much justification for them as there is for the Nemesis Jaegers and Warhulks, they're multi-faction (Nemesis Comets and Tirailleurs, Crey Sharpshooters), they're annoying (tooling across the zone, and *zap* some sniper shoots you), and they're common enough to make getting the badge viable with a little work.

Good call, I hadn't considered that separately, but back on live when I was leveling up, I used to hunt them exclusively because they were only as difficult as a lieutenant but gave more influence than lieutenants, so, more reward!  😁

• Like 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

4 hours ago, Icecomet said:

Hello devs, let's be honest, people LOVE badges (me included) and I had a few ideas for new badges and I was directed from discord to post them here, so, here it is:

1. Defeats:  First and foremost a "defeat" badge for defeating all the various AV's (or Hero's) in game.  While I know there are many, it's still an achievement for  your character to have taken part in defeating the AV/Hero.  Can be associated with an already defined and not live badge in point #2 below.

Office Politics/ Meeting Adjourned: defeat the 6 leaders of The Council
Outmaneuvered: the Malta AVs
A Worthy Adversary: Nemesis AVs
Show Stoppers: Freak AVs
Curtain Call: Carnies
Little Green Men: Rikti
Thumbscrew: longbow heroes
Cobweb Cleaner: Arachnos AVs

• Like 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

22 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

Office Politics/ Meeting Adjourned: defeat the 6 leaders of The Council
Outmaneuvered: the Malta AVs
A Worthy Adversary: Nemesis AVs
Show Stoppers: Freak AVs
Curtain Call: Carnies
Little Green Men: Rikti
Thumbscrew: longbow heroes
Cobweb Cleaner: Arachnos AVs

Good work on some names there, I think the easier we can make it on the devs, the more likely they might consider implementing it  👍

• Like 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

7 hours ago, Icecomet said:

Badge dump:  Again, this isn't a new badge implementation, however, I'd like a command like /badgedump in game that will dump a .txt file by category of all the badges that a given toon has already earned.  Sometimes my count is off and hovering over each icon one at a time and cross referencing to my checksheet is tedious at best.

This would save me some time going back-and-forth between game and Badger!

• Like 1

I remain,

The Grumpy Gamer Girl and the Big Green Dragon