Super Reflexes Tweak

xl8

Perhaps I wasn't clear it's the combination of Accuracy and To Hit that gets very potent.

My example used a proc 120 (Kismet), enhanced Tactics using scrapper values and enhanced FA.  If you now add an accuracy buff of 20% from anywhere (sets, enhancements, another hypothetical power) and you will hit most +4 foes 95% of the time.  You could subtract out Tactics and replace it with Invincibility and have a similar result (and I'm not very familiar with Bio but going to go out on a limb and say it's going to yield  similar results).  I think that's an issue.  Of course it's already an issue but I see no need to add to it by giving SR a buff it really doesn't need.

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear it's the combination of Accuracy and To Hit that gets very potent.

My example used a proc 120 (Kismet), enhanced Tactics using scrapper values and enhanced FA.  If you now add an accuracy buff of 20% from anywhere (sets, enhancements, another hypothetical power) and you will hit most +4 foes 95% of the time.  You could subtract out Tactics and replace it with Invincibility and have a similar result (and I'm not very familiar with Bio but going to go out on a limb and say it's going to yield  similar results).  I think that's an issue.  Of course it's already an issue but I see no need to add to it by giving SR a buff it really doesn't need.

I see.  So you're more against the prospect of the ease of getting to that ToHit cap.

In that respect, I don't have a particular argument for it besides the desire to look into the mechanics and formula for hitchance overall.  I don't think giving SR an acc bonus would "add to" per se, to the issue since Inv, Bio (this gives a 7.5% ToHit buff if Offensive Adaptation is active, fyi) and SR are mutually exclusive.  It's, imo, similar to giving multiple armor sets +recovery or +END management tools as part of its utility.

If we were going deeper into the discussion about the hit/def mechanics, I'd probably lean on weighing the -def debuff heavier if only because -def is particularly ignored on the front of the player and mostly seen as a nuisance when used against the player.  I haven't put much thought into that particular train of thought but that's probably an idea for another thread.  Further still, we might even be able to bat back-and-forth the ease of managing END could be very similar to the ease of reaching hitchance caps or soft defense caps, etc.