Disney+ Superhero Shows - Avengers: United We Stand

I had not know this existed.  I am assuming it is from the 90's.  A one season, 13 episode cartoon.

I like that the show has the lesser known Avengers.  Wonder Man, Tigra, Hawkeye, Falcon, Vision, Ant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch.  Some are now much more famous of course.  It does have Ultron as a villain - created by Ant Man.  But the main villain group is Zodiac which is rarely seen.  So if you are an Avengers fan from the comics it has a lot that is missing from the MCU.

The episodes and story are pretty good.  They feel like the comics.  The only oddity is that the heroes wear their normal costumes walking around but have techy-armored costumes when they go on missions. 

Sadly it does not exactly end.  They resolve the immediate problem but it is clear that the story is not over when the show ends.  If you like the Avengers it won't spoil it.  The ending is somewhat satisfying, but not neatly wrapped up.

Personal preference is for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  Catchy theme song, pretty good writing.  That thing should have run for 7 seasons.  Unfortunately, it got it's wings clipped so that Disney/Marvel could bring us Avengers Assemble!, an inferior production, IMHO (and that of others).

I liked how the Avengers: United We Stand brought several of the lesser-known characters to the forefront.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get far into the series, as I just found it unlikable to my tastes.  I apologize, but I don't remember why that was, just that it must have seemed much less than Avengers Assemble!  as I managed to make it all the way through that.

I would be down for Disney taking another crack at a solidly-written Avengers animated series, and especially if they started to show the greater scope of the Avengers: Avengers (main team), West Coast Avengers, Great Lakes Avengers, etc.

• Like 1