Hero's Vs Villains

Redsky71

Short answer, I go where the teams are... and the teams are blue side. 

In this way, the areas with the greatest population attract the most people... creating a self-sustaining imbalance.  Gold Side is even worse the Red Side for finding teams so that place is a ghost town.

Ironically, if you just look at content, I think Gold Side > Red Side > Blue Side.  But nothing is going to change the status quo. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Unfortunately, the big issue I see is the lack of redside players.  It's a self-compounding problem, people want to find teams and can't find them as a villain, so they just switch sides.  So the population on one side keeps growing, when actually the best way to solve the problem is to stick to your guns and play villains.  Buuuuuut...Null exists, and therefore makes non-committal too easy.  I hate that bird.

There are other reasons, of course, but I think the single biggest one is the snowballing cycle of no players > players go to blueside > still no players.

11 minutes ago, AkuTenshiiZero said:

Unfortunately, the big issue I see is the lack of redside players.  It's a self-compounding problem, people want to find teams and can't find them as a villain, so they just switch sides.  So the population on one side keeps growing, when actually the best way to solve the problem is to stick to your guns and play villains.  Buuuuuut...Null exists, and therefore makes non-committal too easy.  I hate that bird.

There are other reasons, of course, but I think the single biggest one is the snowballing cycle of no players > players go to blueside > still no players.

I love it, because without Null the Gull the vast majority of my friends would never play red side content with me at all.

• Like 1

This Redside vs Blueside (and sometimes Goldside) has been a dead horse beating for a long, long time.  Personally, I like having options for the early game (thus Gold side) and for some variety in mission structure, maps and enemies.  But yes, in general, you’ll find much less teaming available Redside than Blue.  But on the other hand, when a team IS available on Red it usually tends to hold its cohesiveness better IMO.  Maybe its because people had to make a tiny bit of effort to switch sides to join, or perhaps because it’s a player who just prefers that side.  Blueside PUG’s tend to form/disband/reform quickly, sometimes in just one or two missions.  Redside teams tend to last longer.  Might just be me, dunno.

• Like 1